Primary School (Years 3-6) to commence in 2023
There is potential for a full-time position if the successful candidate is able to teach up to Year 10.
Orana Steiner School is looking for a suitably qualified Language Teacher to teach our primary school students (Language other than English) commencing in 2023.
Orana Steiner School is a vibrant, growing co-educational Early Childhood to Year 12 school of around 600 students. Set within a natural landscape and on a magnificent 16-hectare property in Weston, an inner south suburb of Canberra, Orana seeks to provide a high-quality education for its students, based on the Steiner Education tradition. In its 40-year history, Orana Steiner School has developed an enviable reputation for its standards and achievements, and its warm, caring culture. Orana proudly employs applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Language Program at Orana
Learning a second language is an integral part of the curriculum at Orana. The goal of teaching a second language is not only for the students learn to communicate in that language, but also to develop broader intercultural perspectives, as well as strengthening the students’ ability for flexible and nuanced thinking.
We welcome and encourage all interested candidates with Languages teaching experience to apply.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and committed teacher with:
- a high level of fluency and proficiency in a language other than English; written & spoken
- experience in teaching a Language other than English to Primary School aged children
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire young people
- a strong commitment to student welfare, and
- outstanding teaching skills and appropriate tertiary qualifications.
The ability to teach at High School level, whilst desirable, is not essential for this position.
The successful candidate will require an active interest and enthusiasm to engage with the Steiner curriculum.
- Formal teaching qualifications
- Current ACT TQI Registration (or eligible to obtain).
- Current ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WwVP) registration (or eligible to obtain).
Salary and Conditions
Our school operates under the Independent Schools NSW Teachers (Hybrid Model) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2021. Salary and conditions are determined by this agreement.
How to Apply
Please apply directly through the SEEK portal. To be considered, you must have current TQI and WwVP registrations and your application must include:
- Your resume, including full contact details and details of two referees
- A statement (max. 2 pages) outlining your suitability for the position based on the requirements outlined above, and what you will bring to the position.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Statement of Service to determine salary on commencement.
Applications close: Sunday, 4 December 2022 (or sooner if a suitable applicant is found). If you are interested in the position, please submit your application as soon as possible.