Casuarina School is looking for a qualified language teacher for K-6 who is a Spanish native speaker or qualified to teach Spanish.
This is a 0.2 FTE position for the duration of a maternity leave, 16th March to 26th June 2020. Teaching day is Thursdays.
Casuarina School is a warm and vibrant community, which currently has 105 children from K to Year 6 andis located in the sub-tropical city of Coffs Harbour, amidst the beaches, rivers, forests and mountains of the beautiful Mid North Coast of New South Wales. Casuarina School offers an inclusive educational program, which welcomes and supports all children whose parents are seeking a Steiner education for their child/ren. For further information about our School please see our website www.casuarina.nsw.edu.au
If you have a passion for teaching, a desire to understand and work with Rudolph Steiner’s indications on teaching languages (www.waldorflibrary.org/articles/1226-foreign-language-teaching-and-the-art-of- educating) and a love of children, we warmly invite you to apply. For further information about the foundations of our pedagogy please refer to www.steinereducation.edu.au.
- State recognised Teacher qualifications with approval to teach K-6
- Accreditation with the NSW Institute of Teachers and compliance with NSW child protection requirements
- Native speaker or qualified to teach Spanish
- An understanding of Steiner educational principles and curriculum implications for language teaching
- Interpersonal and communication skills of a high standard
- Positive attitude towards children and a love of teaching and learning
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement teaching programs
- Demonstrated experience in teaching Language to primary school age children including effective classroom and behavior management
- Ability to work collaboratively and in accordance with school and collegial principles, codes of conduct, and school policies
- Current First Aid Certificate, including anaphylaxis management training
For further information please contact Elsbeth Haenggi on 02-66512770.
Please forward your application, addressing the above criteria, a CV, and the names of 3 referees including 1 from the Principal, Executive, Leadership team or equivalent from your current or most recent school to:
Elsbeth Haenggi, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you. Applications close on Friday 28th February 2020