Starting in Term 1 on the 24th January 2022
Rainbow Ridge School for Steiner Education is located 10km north of Nimbin, surrounded by extensive gardens and bushland. The local environment is a mixture of villages, small farms, alternative communities, and national parks – all in a beautiful subtropical setting. Our friendly community values diversity and consists of folk from all walks of life: farmers, musicians, artists and more. The local farmer’s markets, cafes and gatherings provide a rich social life for those seeking it.
Our school includes classes from Kindergarten to Class 8 at present. The children experience learning in a highly creative and nurturing environment with a strong commitment to maintaining the heart of Steiner Education. Good relationships between our teachers, students and parents foster the life-long love of learning we wish for our children.
Essential criteria for this position:
● Teaching qualifications with interest in Early Childhood Education
● Interest in Steiner education.
● Highly motivated and willing to learn.
● Eligibility for teacher registration in NSW
● Commitment to professional development
● Well developed communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Teachers in our school are supported by:
● Award salary conditions
● High commitment to professional development, targeted to anthroposophic modalities
● A positive, collaborative teaching and learning environment
This position will include at least 2 assisting days working with the Lead Kindergarten teacher in a mentoring role and at least 1 teaching day working with an experienced assistant. The position will amount to 4 days a week work.
A job description may be obtained by contacting the school.
Please send applications with a covering letter and resume or C.V to:
Rainbow Ridge School
279 Lillian Rock Road
Lillian Rock NSW 2480
Telephone 02 6689 7033
Applications close: Tuesday 30th November 2021