AN INVITATION FOR A KINDERGARTEN TEACHER AT LORIEN NOVALIS SCHOOL
‘Little Kindy’ Prep Class
Commencing in Term One 2022
0.6 FTE Monday to Wednesday (Full time position possibility is negotiable)
We are seeking a Kindergarten Teacher to teach a group of about 18 children who are four, turning five years old. Little Kindy offers a three-day week program, Monday to Wednesday. This preparation class guides the children to progress to full-time school in Kindergarten in the following year.
Little Kindy provides fundamental elements of the Kindergarten curriculum, appropriate for this younger age group. The children gain experiences and develop skills to meet their developmental stages, through content-rich learning experiences where they partake in creative and inventive play through engagement in a holistic and natural environment.
Lorien Novalis School is situated in the Hills District of Sydney, about 45 minutes to the northwest of the city, nestled in lush bushlands and landscaped gardens. The school has been offering a rich and creative Steiner curriculum for 50 years and built a strong reputation for the diverse and engaging education that it provides.
Essential requirements include:
- An enthusiastic, caring and appropriate rapport with children.
- A respectful openness to learning the ethos and culture of Lorien Novalis and Steiner Education.
- A willingness to work cooperatively and professionally with staff and management.
- Knowledge and experience, or willingness to undertaking professional learning, in Steiner Education.
- Attend afterschool professional development including teacher meetings, artistic lessons and other study sessions.
- Take responsibility for undertaking self-study about Steiner Education and Anthroposophy and demonstrate a growing understanding of Steiner’s indications on human development.
- Have qualifications to be registered as a teacher with NESA – NSW Educational Standards Authority. (Conditional or Provisional Accreditation accepted)
- Hold a current NSW WWCC.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter outlining details relevant to this role.
- Information about knowledge and/or experience in Steiner Education
- Current CV
- Two professional references.
For initial and confidential enquiries about the position please call Konrad Korobacz on (02) 9658 0700.
Applications close by Thursday 9th December, 2021
Earlier applications will be considered upon receipt.