Kindergarten (Prep) Teacher 2022
Port Macquarie Steiner School, located in Birpai country on the mid-North coast of NSW, an area of great natural beauty, is seeking a Kindergarten teacher commencing Term 1, 2022.
Next year will be our fifth year of operation, with small classes from Kindergarten to Year 4. We are a young vibrant school with a dedicated staff, a strongly supportive board, and an enthusiastic parent body – keen for their children to receive the benefits of Steiner education.
We are seeking a warm, caring, energetic teacher who is inspired and excited by the idea of helping to grow and build our school. You will be joining a small team of teachers and classroom assistants working closely together with our Education Director and will have every opportunity to contribute to our evolving school.
- An enthusiastic, caring and appropriate manner with children.
- Working out of the ethos and culture of Steiner Education.
- A willingness to work cooperatively and professionally with staff and management.
- Plan, lead, record and assess the program.
- Collaborate effectively with staff to maintain a healthy rhythm.
- Have excellent communication skills with parents.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Help organise festivals, parent evenings, and other community events throughout the year
Training and experience in Steiner Education are desirable, but not mandatory, however a passion for Steiner Education is essential.
The ideal candidate will have Primary qualifications, but is either experienced in early childhood, or willing to familiarise themselves with the Steiner Education approach to this age group (turning 6 in 2022) where children gain experiences and develop skills to meet their developmental stages through content-rich learning experiences in which creative play, craft and music form part of the fabric of a holistic and natural environment.
The Kindergarten Teacher will be supported by an experienced Teacher’s Aide
The position is a 0.6FTE position, commencing in Term 1 2022, with the possibility of 1.0FTE from Term 2 onwards. There is also the possibility of 1.0FTE from the beginning of Term 1 for the right person.
To apply for this role, please forward the following:
- Cover letter, clearly outlining your interest in the school and your suitability to the Kindergarten teaching position
- Current CV or resume detailing your relevant qualifications and experience in Early Childhood Education and/or Steiner Education.
- Current contact details of referees.
Applications should be made to:
Port Macquarie Steiner School
8 Table Street
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday, October 29th, 2021
Note: Kindy in NSW is equivalent to Prep in some states and is part of the Primary School