Little Sophia Rudolf Steiner Kindergarten
Little Sophia is a not-for-profit, inner-city Steiner long day kindergarten. In 2018 we achieved an Exceeding rating in all 7 areas of the National Quality Framework from the Department of Education and Training. We are located close to the historic Abbotsford Convent Arts Precinct, Sophia Mundi Steiner School and Collingwood College. Little Sophia has been part of this community for 25 years. We offer playgroup and two Steiner Association approved all-day kindergarten programs.
The coordinator will be employed for 2.5 days a week (0.5 days are from home)
They are also responsible for creating an environment that fosters healthy relations between staff and will serve as the escalation point for parent and staff concerns that can’t be otherwise resolved.
The successful applicant must be committed to the concept of distributed leadership, where all members of the leadership group have a voice and decisions are made collaboratively.
The Coordinator is accountable to the Leadership group, of which they are a member.
- Experience in an educational setting supporting and leading staff
- Experience in accounts receivable and basic bookkeeping e.g. reconciling bank statements
- A demonstrated living connection with Anthroposophy
- A tertiary qualification in any related field is desirable
- Holds a current Working with Children Check assessment, which demonstrates suitability for employment in a children’s service.
- National Police Check
- Have a current Level Two First Aid Certificate (including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training)
Start date negotiable
Full role description is available on our website: www.littlesophiakindergarten.org.au
Please send your applications in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3pm Friday 15th of October 2021.