Part time 12 hours per week
To assist the Early Childhood Teacher, as directed, in the implementation of the kindergarten programmes, and to assist the class teacher in the daily running of the class.
Duties may include assisting in the following:
- Arrival & departure of the children.
- Morning tea – preparation, participation and cleaning up.
- Tidying the playroom.
- Preparation for artistic activities.
- Participation in Morning Circle and Story Time.
- Routine cleaning, tidying, maintenance as necessary.
Other duties arising in the normal course of the session
General duties & requirements:
- Be at school for the committed hours of employment and be punctual for lessons duties and meetings.
- Attend Staff and faculty meetings, as well as other relevant meetings as determined by the School Leadership Team.
- Be rostered on for yard duty, supervising children before, during and after school as required.
- Actively work as part of a team, both with Faculty and the School as a whole.
- Attend and participate in whole School festivals open days and fairs.
- Attend and participate in curriculum/staff development days and in-service or training courses.
- Be available to attend relevant meetings, workshops and conferences outside school hours.
- Follow up and be familiar with all school policies.
- Maintain professional standards at all times, particularly with regard to communication, confidentiality, collegiality and School Ethos.
- Have appropriate qualifications(Certificate III or Diploma of Early Childhood)/ trainees also encouraged to apply
Please send a cover letter outlining your suitability, enthusiasm for this position, and C.V to:
Glenn Hood Principal email@example.com
Further information (03) 57791445.
Applications close: 23rd September 2022