Commencing in Term One 2021
Full-time with stand-down for part of the non-term time.
Lorien Novalis School is situated in the Hills District of Sydney, about 45 minutes to the northwest of the city, nestled in lush bushlands and landscaped gardens. The school has been offering a rich and creative Steiner curriculum for 50 years and built a strong reputation for the diverse and engaging education that it provides.
Kindergarten provides a nurturing space for children turning six-years-old that gently guides children into their full-time schooling.
We seek a person to assist the Kindergarten Teacher who brings experiences through play, imitation and imagination. The Kindergarten Assistant would help the Teacher bring to the children experiences in painting, drawing, modelling, play-acting, singing, stories, poems, games, handicrafts, cooking, gardening and free play. This person will take the Teacher’s lead and model gesture and attitude worthy of young children to emulate.
Teacher qualification is not a requirement; however, the position may suit a new or studying teacher.
We would be seeking attributes such as:
- An enthusiastic, caring and appropriate rapport with children.
- A respectful openness to learning the ethos and culture of Lorien Novalis and Steiner Education.
- A willingness to work cooperatively and professionally with staff and management.
Essential requirements include:
- Knowledge and experience, or willingness to undertaking professional learning, in Steiner Education specifically in Early Childhood.
- Attend afterschool professional development including teacher meetings, artistic lessons and other study sessions.
- Take responsibility for undertaking self-study about Steiner Education and Anthroposophy and demonstrate a growing understanding of Steiner’s indications on human development.
- Hold a current NSW WWCC.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Please email applications in a single PDF attachment to Vivien Sievers, Head of Early Childhood and Primary School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter outlining details relevant to this role.
- Information about knowledge and/or experience in Steiner Education
- Current CV
- Two professional references.
For initial and confidential enquiries about the position please call Vivien Sievers on (02) 9658 0700.
Applications close by 12th January 2021
Earlier applications will be considered upon receipt.