Shearwater the Mullumbimby Steiner School Limited
K-12 Outdoor Education Administrator 0.8 – 1.0 FTE January 2022 onwards
Currently Accepting Expressions of Interest
Remuneration in line with Independent Schools NSW (Teachers) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2017
Shearwater has a very strong outdoor education program which includes camps and outdoor classroom activities. We are seeking expressions of interest for an educator with experience and training in outdoor education to oversee and coordinate the Shearwater outdoor program.
The position at this stage will involve coordinating, teaching and leading the outdoor program. Operational tasks will include organising camps and outdoor activities. Strategic tasks will include developing a whole school program with developmentally appropriate activities. The program will have 5 pillars: First Nations connection, adventure, skill, service and curriculum.
The position will be 0.8 to full-time negotiable. It may also be combined with other roles at Shearwater.
Shearwater the Mullumbimby Steiner School Limited is nestled among the green hills of the Byron Shire hinterland, New South Wales. Established in 1993, Shearwater has grown to a Preschool – Year 12 school, with an enrolment of over 700 students. Our beautiful 52-hectare site sits in lush rainforest alongside farmland with gardens and a farm working by biodynamic practices. Shearwater offers quality staff education including a mentorship program, ongoing professional development opportunities, artistic activities, workshops, events, and courses.
● Your appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check as required under the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012.
● All applicants must meet the requirements of the current NSW Public Health Order relating to mandatory vaccination of education and care workers.
Applications for employment should be sent to:
Shearwater, the Mullumbimby Steiner School
PO BOX 839, Mullumbimby, NSW, 2482
Or emailed to: email@example.com
To apply for an advertised position please forward:
- Cover letter, clearly outlining your suitability to the role. Please include a response to the key selection criteria and show how you meet the essential requirements of the role;
- Current CV or resume detailing your relevant qualifications and experience;
- Current contact details of at least three professional referees.
All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check, required under the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012.
All applicants are required to provide evidence of full COVID-19 vaccination status.