- Freshwater Creek Steiner School
- Term 4, part-time temporary contract (with possibility of extension)
- Remuneration based on qualifications and experience as per FWCSS Enterprise Agreement 2018
- Closing date: Monday August 26th, 2019
- Contact person: Gabby Brennan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Freshwater Creek Steiner School (FWCSS) is located on a beautiful rural campus, near Geelong and the Great Ocean Road, and offers Playgroups, Kindergarten and Primary school education. LOTE is an integral component of the Freshwater Creek Steiner school curriculum, as Rudolf Steiner states:
“Each language penetrates us differently and reveals human nature in a different way, which is why we must complement the effects of the mother tongue with other languages.” Rudolf Steiner
Our Japanese program is offered for 2 sessions per week to Classes 1 -6, and a shorter session for Prep. Our much-loved Japanese teacher is moving so we are seeking a replacement teacher/tutor for Term 4, 2019 with a possible extension for 2020.
A successful candidate who is a VIT registered teacher would be responsible for the overall planning and teaching of Japanese from P- 6, referring to the Australian National curriculum and referencing the Australian Steiner Curriculum framework. A successful candidate who is not VIT registered would work with the class teacher to develop and assess the program.
The successful candidate will be suitably qualified, skilled and experienced. You will need to enjoy working with children and bringing the language and culture of Japan to the students in a creative way and joyful. A demonstrated understanding of the educational principals of Steiner education is a distinct advantage.
- Positive attitude towards children and their learning
- Experience in tutoring/teaching Japanese to children, preferably in a Primary School setting.
- Experience working within a team of teachers using a Primary School curriculum
- A creative approach to learning combined with strong classroom management skills
- Commitment to professionalism, professional development and working collegially
- Commitment to pedagogical practice that is consistent with the educational principles of Steiner education
- Current Working with Children Check and commitment to Child Safe Standards
- VIT registration is an advantage.
Qualifications or equivalent training and professional development in Steiner education is preferred.
Successful candidate will be required to complete the schools online Child Safety training.
Applications will be accepted 5 pm Monday August 26th, 2019
Please apply by sending
- a cover letter, which addresses the essential criteria as listed above
- a resume, with an emphasis on relevant qualifications and experience
- a minimum of three referees
addressed to Gabby Brennan at: email@example.com or by post to
52 McIntyres Road