International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) Coordinator (0.2)
There may opportunities for the IB Coordinator role to be paired with Maths and/or Science teaching loads within the Secondary school up to 0.8 EFT.
The International Baccalaureate DP Coordinator carries out effective leadership and administrative functions of the IBDP Program; works closely with leadership in supporting the educational development of students and staff; and promotes parent and community awareness of the program.
- Reports to Principal
- Collaborates with the Vice Principal supporting IBDP program
- Coordinates with the person responsible for timetable regards the timetable schedule for IB
- Coordinates with the Operations Manager on matters of budget and compliance
- VCAA – VASS Coordinator
- Pamoja – Site Based Coordinator
- Coordinates with the Careers counsellor regards VTAC registrations and Tertiary applications
- Record all communication, forms, documents, and reports from the IB.
- Record and distribute all IB publications, where necessary.
- Contribute to the promotion and development of the IBDP both within and outside the School.
- Regularly update faculty and administration on IB matters related to the IB Diploma Programme and all new/revised IB Diploma Programme publications, through regular IB meetings and correspondence.
- Attend conferences, workshops, and IB Coordinator Network meetings.
- Ensure that appropriate textbooks and resources are made available.
- Organise and moderate internal assessment according to the Diploma criteria.
- IT administration for IBIS, ManageBac LMS, SharePoint IB Curriculum documentation and Sentral Reporting platform for IB.
- Participate with school leadership on curriculum and assessment within school and the IBDP.
- Carry a teaching load in the IBDP.
- Set and monitor goals to improve IB student retention rates and IB exam results.
- Manage the IB Diploma Program budget.
- Remain current in knowledge of IB instructional and programmatic developments and current
- educational practices
- Assist in the recruitment of new students to the program through information sessions, and in the preparation of marketing materials.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback to Principal regarding program implementation for
- purposes of growth and improvement.
- Ensure the Careers counsellor has a clear understanding of IB course selection requirements.
Teaching and Leadership
- Model effective, research-based instructional strategies.
- Promote a collaborative culture reflective of an IB school.
- Collaborate on curriculum development in Year 10 as preparatory years for Diploma
- Program entry.
- Ensure that all teachers are suitably qualified and trained in accordance with IB requirements.
- Conduct regular meetings with IB teachers.
- Provide support and information to teachers new to the IB, especially in pedagogy and assessment.
- Oversee the five-year review.
- Coordinate participation in Diploma workshops and professional learning.
- Inform all concerned about assessment procedures and deadlines.
- Prepare timelines for submission of work to the IB.
- Facilitate outcome-based collaborative planning, professional development and meetings for
- teachers to develop teacher capacity.
- Coordinate with student welfare counselling
- Collaborate with staff on creation of the master schedule.
- Coordinate IB diploma program schedule and events in support of the school master schedule
- Ensure all students are clear about the requirements associated with the IB Diploma Program
- Inform Year 10 students about IB Diploma requirements.
- Advise students on subject selection.
- Monitor students’ progress and coordinate support for those experiencing difficulty.
- Provide comprehensive information to parents about the Diploma Program and the School’s milestones.
- Organize parent meetings to:
- Advise parents on the suitability of the IB Program for their child(ren).
- Inform parents about the requirements of the IBDP.
- Notify parents about their child(ren)’s progress.
- Keep parents apprised of their student’s progress in all subjects, the Extended Essay, and the CAS program.
- Ensure that students are registered for examinations.
- Ensure conduct of examinations (written and oral) and visiting examiners.
- Ensure that all internal assessment materials are sent to respective examiners.
- Send examination answer scripts to IB examiners on time.
- Report examination irregularities.
- Organise distribution of results.
- Work with school leadership to analyse results and adjust program delivery as necessary.
Closing date: 27th May 2022.
Applications and enquires to Principal Glenn Hood – firstname.lastname@example.org