Interim Head of School
Employment Type: Full-Time Contract 12 months
Commencement: Negotiable for the right candidate
Remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate
- Join a dynamic organisation dedicated to advancing the delivery of high-quality Steiner education.
- Casuarina is situated in wonderful Coffs Harbour, in a natural setting along Coffs Creek.
- We are seeking a collaborative leader who offers integrity, transparency and warmth, with the ability to cohesively support our school community.
- You will need to be a dynamic and compassionate member of staff who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with change management.
- You will need to work collegially across the College, Board and the School Community to achieve contemporary best practices in Steiner education for our students.
Casuarina teachers aim to provide an exceptional Steiner education and learning experience for all students. You will work with the College of Teachers to create an imaginative and holistic approach to teaching and learning based on Steiner’s pedagogical insights.
The ideal candidates will have a robust commitment to Steiner education, demonstrated experience as a Class Teacher, previous leadership positions in a Steiner school, and relevant teaching qualifications for eligibility for accreditation with the NSW Education Standards Authority.
Suitable candidates will be creative, adaptable, nurturing and understanding of Steiner education principles, practices, and theory. We seek enthusiastic individuals willing to participate in all aspects of the Casuarina Community, including co-curricular activities such as festivals, open days, and camps.
- Demonstrate practical leadership skills in a culture of collaboration, respect, and resilience.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, with demonstrated experience.
- Have proven management experience with cultural change that facilitates a dynamic and healthy environment.
- A thorough understanding of Steiner Education with a willingness to undertake further professional development.
- Proven ability to facilitate a warm, encouraging and high-quality learning environment that meets the academic, social and emotional needs of all students
- Be guided by the pedagogical vision of Casuarina Steiner School and work within the NESA and the Australian Steiner curriculum frameworks.
- Outstanding planning and organising skills, with strong attention to detail.
- A thorough understanding of risk management in relation to Work Health and Safety, child protection, reputational risk and NESA/ DoE compliance requirements.
- A flexible and collegial approach to working with fellow staff
- Appropriate school teaching qualifications
- Appropriate Steiner School Teaching Qualification
- Eligibility to teach under the requirements of NESA
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria and provide a professional resume and contact details of two professional referees. A copy of the Position Description can be obtained from the Board of Directors by emailing email@example.com
Please address the selection criteria and submit a resume to the Board of Casuarina Steiner School firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will have a six-month probationary period
Applications close: 23:59, 22nd October 2023
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Working With Children Check under the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012.
About Casuarina School
Situated on the sub-tropical Mid-North Coast, on the edge of beautiful bushland in the beachside city of Coffs Harbour, Casuarina Steiner School offers a unique education for children aged 12 months to 12 years.
Casuarina Steiner School provides an education based on a balanced approach to learning. Alongside a very high standard of academic education, our curriculum places great importance on educating the head, heart and hands, thereby educating the whole person intellectually, artistically, socially and morally to develop each student’s innate self-discipline and strength of body and will. Our next generation will need to be effective problem solvers, be adventurous to thrive in a changing world, face moral and ethical challenges that lie ahead and be creative to bring out the beauty in the world and themselves.
Based on the Steiner principles, we offer a nurturing environment to address children’s changing needs and capabilities at each stage of their development. Our methods of teaching ensure deep and rounded learning.
Casuarina Steiner School is committed to nurturing the children in the spiritual, artistic and intellectual environment of Steiner Education.
We engage children by educating the head, heart and hands to achieve harmony as the foundation for balanced, responsible and free human beings.
We enable children to be innovative and guide them towards self-responsibility while being mindful of the rights of others.