Instrumental Music Teacher Full time
Mansfield Steiner School is a growing, vibrant rural Steiner School in North East Victoria. In 2019 we have our first Class 10 and we are seeking a qualified and passionate Strings teacher to join our Music Faculty.
Responsibilities: The successful applicant will:
- Have a practical understanding of Steiner Education pedagogy and philosophy
- Have demonstrated an ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other teachers
- Be a highly independent and motivated individual
- Have a high degree of professionalism and communication skills
- Have a preparedness to be fully involved in the Schools’ activities
- Have suitable qualifications in Music
- Be able to teach students of all levels of musical ability
- Prepare students Primary and Secondary for AMEB exams
- Be involved in the school’s performance orchestra (MPSO) and support Class Plays.
- Attend and support out of school hours Music performances
The successful applicant will need:
- Current VIT registration or WWC
- Suitable Music Qualifications preferably with a Bachelor of Education/Teaching in music or performing arts
- Sound knowledge and technical skill in a variety of musical instruments
- Enthusiasm and excitement for the learning and achievements of all students
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- An engaging personality and an ability to deal with students of a wide range of abilities
- A desire to live and work in a rural area
If you are a qualified and passionate teacher looking to share your love of music with students who are eager to learn please send a cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com – any questions regarding this position please contact Andrew Karzons on 03 5779 1445.
Position commences term 4 and applications close 30thAugust 2019.