Instrumental Music Coordinator
Mansfield Steiner School is looking for an Instrumental Music Coordinator who is able to lead the Music Faculty and inspire, encourage and create a love of music in all students throughout the school.
- Design and teach a contemporary music program for secondary students in accordance with ASCF music curriculum.
- Coordinate the music faculty and oversee music teachers and music tutors.
- Organise regular meetings.
- Teach a variety instrument(s) to individuals and small groups from Years 7 to12
- Create an environment of active and genuine learning by employing a range of teaching strategies that meet the needs of all students.
- Monitor each student’s progress and keep the student and parents informed of progress using a variety of communication methods.
- Keep accurate records of achievement and attendance to provide meaningful reports and parent communications as required.
- Maintain your instrumental area by; regularly checking equipment and your teaching area for possible damage, updating asset records, obtaining quotes for repair, and keeping in regular communication with the School Leadership Team.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of the Music Faculty annual budget.
- Prepare a working timetable in collaboration with SLT.
- Participate in the School’s co-curricular ensemble programme
- Prepare your instrumental students either as soloists or ensemble members for the various performances that occur throughout the year.
- Assist in rehearsals and take the responsibility for the direction of ensembles.
- Maintain your own skill and knowledge in Music, teaching, and your instruments.
- Actively pursue the development and improvement of your instrumental area by accessing and implementing up to date teaching methods and curriculum tools.
- Utilise Information and Learning Technologies as appropriate to your instruments.
- Participate in staff meetings and faculty meetings and maintain relationships with professional associations.
- Participate in professional development programmes and participate in the development and evaluation of the Mansfield Steiner Curriculum.
- Attend out of school hours programs as required – festivals, concerts etc
- VIT registered
- Suitably qualified
- High level of musical ability
- Understanding of Steiner Education.
Applications should be addressed to Fran Cummins Principal email@example.com
Further information (03)57751445
Closing date: June 18th 2021