Individual Student Support Assistant – High School
Part Time (approx. 15 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably experienced Individual Student Support Assistant to join the Willunga Waldorf School High School Faculty at the earliest opportunity.
Willunga Waldorf School is a thriving, contemporary, independent K to 12 school nestled in the beautiful Southern Vales of South Australia, close to magnificent coastline and surrounded by vines and almond groves. It is situated on the edge of the rural township of Willunga, fifty minutes’ drive from the city of Adelaide. Here you will find an educational community where the potential of each one is supported through the strength of many.
The successful applicant will have a genuine interest in and warmth for assisting students in a Waldorf classroom setting. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be a good observer and listener, and able to follow the teacher’s methodology. With your positive outlook and general attitude, you are willing and able to find ways of meeting and supporting the individual student, meeting them exactly where they are, without trying to “fix” them.
As an Individual Student Support Assistant you will provide highly personalised one-to-one support to an individual student with additional needs and/or care requirements to help them achieve their learning goals and participate in school life.
You must be available Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 11.20am and 3.20pm.
Key selection criteria
- Knowledge or an understanding of the Rudolf Steiner Curriculum
- Experience working with adolescents
- Experience and interest in working with students with additional learning needs and/or care requirements
- Confident with first aid procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with young people, colleagues and parents
- Ability to find ways of meeting an individual’s needs that work
- Good observer and listener
- Ability to provide respectful, personalised support while maintaining professional boundaries and not trying to “fix” the student
- Ability to use initiative and to accept guidance and feedback
- Excellent time management and personal organizational skills
- Experience in working with neuro-diverse children/young people
- Ability to adhere to the confidentiality requirements of a school environment
For a full position description, please visit our website: https://wws.sa.edu.au/employment/
- Certificate III in Education Support, or comparable diploma or Higher Degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Current SA Working with Children Check
- Current RRHAN-EC training certificate
- Current Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting certificate
What We Offer
Willunga Waldorf School offers an exciting, supportive and rewarding environment to work. We love what we do, and this shines through in our relationships with students, parents, colleagues and visitors alike.
Creativity, innovation and contemporary expressions of Steiner principles are encouraged throughout all areas of the School’s life, and the School’s physical environment inspires comfort, joy and connection.
This is a part-time, fixed-term position of approx. 15 hours per term week, currently offered until the end of term 3 (29th September 2023) but with the potential of this becoming an ongoing position.
Remuneration is based on the current Willunga Waldorf School Enterprise Agreement.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter that addresses the Key Selection Criteria, provide a professional resume and contact details of three referees who have worked in a supervisory capacity.
Please submit your full application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 1st June 2023
We encourage you to visit the school website for a copy of the full position description and application process: https://wws.sa.edu.au/employment
For questions and enquiries about this position, please contact Ms Antje Guenther at email@example.com