High School Teacher Science
Samford Valley Steiner School is excited to announce a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated High School Teacher to join our school. This is a rewarding, Fixed Term Full Time position commencing on 1 January 2024 to 31 December 2024 to replace a teacher who is taking parental leave. This is an opportunity to contribute to a warm and growing school community.
As a High School Teacher you will work closely with the pedagogy of Steiner education, especially in understanding child development. The Secondary School (or High School) Teacher works collaboratively with colleagues across the school, developing and enhancing a consistent curriculum which is delivered with creative freedom, approaching subjects through the realm of art, music, imagination and the oral tradition and seeking to find fresh connections with the subject matter. Our Science curriculum encompasses these influences and unfolds in time for the students over the five years of high school, building a natural science curriculum linking other curriculum areas. The students learn phenomenologically, meaning they experience first and work towards understanding.
- Develop and provide a well-prepared, age-related and imaginatively presented teaching and learning programs for all students in the class, consistent with the school’s curriculum and working collaboratively with specialist teachers and support personnel.
- Develop and maintain a high standard of aesthetic presentation and a sensitive social atmosphere within the classroom.
- Supports positive behaviour and the inclusivity of all students and contributes to pastoral care of students.
- Document, assess and report on student progress.
- Participation in regular school responsibilities (e.g. playground duty, relief teaching)
- Ensure the physical environment, laboratory are maintained and kept in good order.
- Actively participate in all administrative requirements of the role, including managing individual budgets and resources and establishing a working knowledge of relevant School policies and procedures.
- Utilize a range of effective communication and consultative strategies, including parent-teacher interviews and information nights.
- Strengthen the collegiate and supportive nature of the school by working collaboratively with staff on School-wide issues.
- Enhance and strengthen the community life of the school by actively preparing for and participating in Festivals, Class Camps, Excursions, Open Days, forums and other School events.
Why join Samford Valley Steiner School?
- Enjoy a beautiful working environment on our 20-acre campus along Samford Creek.
- Be a part of our strong and vibrant educational facility, providing authentic Steiner Education from Pre-Prep through to Class 12.
- Benefit from a supportive community of colleagues who believe in collaboration and growth.
- Access a comprehensive Enterprise Agreement including a coordinator’s allowance and salary packaging if required.
Application Details: For more information on the role and how to apply, please review the Application Package available on our school’s website: https://www.samfordsteiner.qld.edu.au/about-us/employment-opportunities/
Closing date: Applications close on Friday, 1 December 2023.
Please note that this position may be reviewed and filled prior to the stated deadline. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible. Early submissions will not be disadvantaged and will receive equal consideration.
At Samford Valley Steiner School, we strive to create a nurturing and enriching learning environment for our students. If you are passionate about supporting students’ development and fostering their potential, we look forward to receiving your application.