HIGH SCHOOL, primary and early childhood TEACHERS (Pool)
Relief Pool, Short-term, Long-term Expressions of Interest
Helena River Steiner School is a pioneering, city-based co-educational and non-denominational school in Midland, Western Australia, with a new additional campus in Hazelmere.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest from High School, Primary and Early Childhood teachers. For High School classes we require those with expertise in the following learning areas:
- Humanities (History and Geography)
- The Arts: Painting, Drawing, Sculpting: Music, Singing: Drama, Eurythmy, Movement
- Design and Technologies: Craft; Digital technologies; Woodwork; Photography
We offer a Steiner education from Kindergarten to Class 9 (expanding year levels each year), based on the nationally accredited Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework (ASCF), which is grounded in the educational insights of Rudolf Steiner and where the Core Principles for Australian Steiner Schools permeate its pedagogical, physical and social fabric through the thinking, feeling and willing actions of its employees and community members.
For these teaching positions we seek dynamic and dedicated individuals, able to bring the richness of their specialist discipline to the Steiner curriculum in a creative way, reflecting Steiner’s pedagogical indications; and be committed to demonstrating the School’s values of Wonder, Compassion, Creativity, Authenticity and Wellness
Applicants with Steiner/Waldorf education experience are preferred; however, we welcome expressions of interest from interested teachers or discipline specialists.
The minimum requirements and attributes of these roles include:
- A teaching qualification;
- Current (or be eligible for) Western Australian teacher registration (or be eligible in your specialist area for TRBWA limited registration)
- Have (or be eligible to have) a current Working With Children Check
- Be committed, with the support of the School, to ongoing individual and collaborative professional development in Steiner Education and the Steiner Curriculum
- Demonstrate high-level positive, responsive communication skills with students, parents and colleagues.
Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter, outlining positions and responsibilities you have held relevant to one or more of the above learning areas or domains. Include statements that concisely but fully describe your suitability for one of these positions.
To apply send your cover letter and CV to the Principal, Tanami Magnus, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all enquiries contact 08 9374 0230.