High School Maths and Science Teacher 2023
Part-time, Fixed-term contract of one year.
(0.7-0.8 FTE depending on skillset)
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably experienced High School Specialist Teacher with a broad base of expertise across STEM (Maths, Physics and Biology) to join the Mount Barker Waldorf School, with an immediate start.
The Mount Barker Waldorf School is a dynamic and established coeducational, independent Waldorf school serving over 350 students from Early Childhood through Year 12. The school is located in the Adelaide Hills on a picturesque 20 acres. We offer a full Waldorf Curriculum with extensive purpose-built facilities and a community of experienced and passionate teachers.
The successful applicant will be collaborative, artistic, flexible, interested in new ideas, and able to take initiative. They will meet all registration requirements or be eligible for registration as a Teacher in South Australia. Training and/or experience teaching in Waldorf Education desired.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Initiative, creativity and enthusiasm
- Understanding of the Steiner curriculum
- Commitment to self-development and professional development in Steiner Education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with students, colleagues and parents
- Capacity to lead groups of students in learning activities
- Collegiality and ability to work flexibly in a team
- Willingness to participate in Faculty meetings and study
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, and three references to the Principal, Liam Waterford at email@example.com. All positions require a current WWCC and RRHAN-EC certificate, to be a registered teacher in SA, as well as the right to work in Australia. We do not sponsor foreign applicants.
Applications closing date is Friday 27 January with an immediate start. While this position is a 1-year fixed term contract, there is an opportunity for ongoing employment for the right candidate.