High School Deputy Principal (Y7-12)
Orana Steiner School (Orana) is an independent, co-educational and non-denominational school set in 13 hectares of unique, natural landscape in Weston, ACT. It was founded in 1981 and currently has around 650 students from pre-school [3 y/o] to Year 12.
As well as providing a stimulating environment for the study of a broad range of subjects, Orana strives to nourish the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual development of its students.
Orana Steiner School is currently seeking a High School Deputy Principal (Y7-12). This position will be part of the School’s Leadership Team and will deputize for the Principal when required.
This position would ideally suit someone with a genuine and strong interest in Steiner Education and a track record of achievement in educational leadership roles. Experience in senior school is essential for the success of this role.
This is a full-time position and a teaching load for academic subjects will be incorporated into the role.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate, who is expected to commence from January 2018.
- Strong track record of achievement as a classroom teacher and school leader;
- Proven ability to lead staff in identifying and planning high quality teaching and learning based on extensive use of data;
- Proven ability to model personal and professional learning that is linked to school goals and strategic directions;
- Proven ability to engage and inspire staff to commit to evidence based improvement, changes and innovation that has a positive impact on student learning;
- A strong interest and ability to work within the principles of Steiner Education;
- An understanding of senior school years and legislative requirements associated with ACT Senior Secondary Studies system;
- An understanding of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP);
- Demonstrated ability in developing and sustaining high performing teams and positive workplace cultures;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and inclusively;
- Demonstrated relationship management and communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Sound financial and business management skills;
- Experience in supporting a Principal to proactively develop and implement strategic plans;
- Experience in communications, marketing and fund raising
- Satisfactory Working with Vulnerable People background check
- Current full teacher registration in the ACT, or eligibility to obtain this
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or have permanent residency in Australia
- Be eligible to work in Australia for the term of the employment contract
For further information please contact Linda Baird on 02 6288 4283.
To apply please provide a cover letter together with a CV. Your cover letter should highlight your key achievements and the skills and values you bring to the position.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday 15 September 2017.