High School Counsellor – Years 8 -12
Loading between .2 – .6 fte
1 Year fixed term
Opportunity to join the Willunga Waldorf School wellbeing team and work in collaboration with the Learning Support Team, Primary School wellbeing worker, Leadership and teaching staff.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant and appropriate professional qualifications
- Expertise and experience in the identification of student wellbeing needs
- Current Working with Children’s Check and RAN Training
- Knowledge and understanding of the Rudolf Steiner curriculum and methodology
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate professional qualifications.
- Willingness to support the ethos and the values of the school and lead by example.
- Understanding of the academic and wellbeing needs of students as these relate to the learning and personal growth outcomes for students.
- Ability to develop positive, professional relationships with staff.
- Expertise and experience in identification of needs and counselling of students.
- Ability to provide education about adolescent mental health to teaching staff.
- Ability to identify appropriate external professionals for students requiring support outside the services of the Learning Support staff.
- Ability to collaborate with educators in formulating support programs for students.
- Willingness to collaborate effectively with a broad range of staff to enhance student outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Professionalism and discretion at all times in relation to confidential matters.
- Flexibility and commitment to the provision of a high-standard of professional care.
- Experience working with adolescents.
STRONG – BALANCED – DYNAMIC
Willunga Waldorf School is an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our curriculum remains comprehensive across academic, artistic and practical domains right up to Year 12.
The school is set in a beautiful environment, close to the vines and coast, 40-50 minutes from the city of Adelaide.
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria, provide a professional resume and contact details of three referees who have worked in a supervisory capacity. A Position Description is available on the school website www.willungawaldorfschool.sa.edu.au
Forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 18th September 2020 at 5.00pm