Health & PE Teacher 0.125
Wild Cherry School has a vacancy for a Health and Physical Education Teacher for a term 4 start. The position is part-time 4.75 hours per week.
The Health & Physical Education curriculum has movement at its core. Through movement children take hold of and express themselves through the physical body, interact with the world, and express their intentions. This sense of freedom, purpose, skill, and joy in individual and group movement is developed through age-related gymnastics. Children should have a sense of growing in strength and a sense of purpose in their movement. Rudolf Steiner called this ‘ensouled’ body culture achieved through three developmental phases:
- Movement through free play and imitation of unstructured activities
- Semi-structured games and activities
- Complex, structured activity such as specific movement sequences or sports
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in teaching Health & Physical Education.
- Bothmer Gymnastics training (highly regarded).
- Current VIT registration.
- Current First Aid Level 2 qualifications or willingness to undertake and complete within an approved timeframe.
- A love of children and an ability to relate affectionately and professionally with students aged from Prep to Class 6.
If you feel that this position describes you and the prospect of working within a Waldorf/Steiner educational philosophy excites you, please contact the school to request a position description:
Applications close Tuesday 22 September 2021 at 11.59pm