Head of Secondary School
Sophia Mundi Steiner School is seeking an experienced, visionary educator with a breadth of curriculum knowledge and proven leadership skills to oversee the smooth and efficient function of our Secondary School.
Sophia Mundi is an exciting, independent Steiner school offering an enriching educational pathway from Early Childhood to Senior Secondary. In 2012, Sophia Mundi became the first school in Australia to offer the unique combination of a Steiner curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) for Years 11 and 12. The school is situated within the Abbotsford Convent, an extraordinary and important arts and cultural precinct 4 kilometres from Melbourne’s CBD.
The Head of Secondary School works closely with the Principal, Head of Primary and Management Group in creating and maintaining the culture, well-being and smooth functioning of the school. This key leadership role will have a focus on curriculum delivery across the Middle School and IB classes. The position demands excellent communication skills for interactions with colleagues, parents and students.
This position requires experience in and a commitment to Steiner education, enthusiasm for collaborative working, along with strong administrative and organisational skills. Familiarity with the International Baccalaureate would be well regarded.
Experience in Steiner education is essential.
This is a full-time position and will include some teaching (approx. 0.5 EFT) depending on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Commencement date is January, 2018
The key responsibilities of this position are to:
- Oversee the teaching and learning across the Secondary School
- Monitor student behaviour and supervise the Behaviour Management process
- Work with the teachers in leading good teaching practice through mentoring and professional development.
- Build a safe learning environment across the Secondary School for students and teachers
- To be actively involved in the resolution of disputes between
- Students and teachers,
- Parents and teachers and students, or
- Teachers and teachers,
- in relation to any aspect of the implementation of the curriculum.
- Oversee the appropriate and timely delivery of all required documentation in relation to assessments and reporting from the teaching staff.
- Be involved in the interview process of new students and teachers
- Demonstrate leadership as appropriate
- Oversee all administrative processes and duties in relation to the Secondary school.
- Be involved in the construction of the timetable, ensuring adequate balance of the subjects.
- Attend Management meetings
The person filling this role within the school will have a good understanding of the Steiner curriculum as well as a sound understanding of the adolescent individual in relation to Steiner’s principles.
Qualified, interested candidates please respond to the Principal, Fiona Cock.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Letter of interest and intention
- Brief biography
Applications close on 31 October 2017