Head of School/Principal: Expressions of Interest – Term 3, 2019
Cairns Hinterland Steiner School (CHSS) is a K-Year 12 registered school, (highest class in 2019 is Year 11), with 200 students, situated in the lush tropical rainforests of Kuranda, approximately 40 minutes from Cairns.
The school’s rapid growth over recent years has presented the need to review the organizational structure and develop a collaborative, distributed leadership model during this integrational phase of development.
The Head of School /Principal is appointed by the Board and holds the responsibility for and coordination of the daily operations of the school:
- Delivery of the education and compliance
- The face of the school
- Student and staff wellbeing
- Professional learning, parent education
- Mentoring programs
- Human resources
- Policies and processes
- Working collaboratively with the Business Manager re finances, facilities, master planning and resources
- (and more)
As we redefine roles and responsibilities, ‘Expressions of Interest’ are invited for the position of head of School/Principal.
- demonstrated success in school leadership and as a teacher in Steiner schools
- practicing with an integrated understanding of Steiner education
- excellent interpersonal /relational skills
- a highly collaborative and consultative leadership style
- courageous authenticity – ‘walks the talk’
- demonstrated ability to bring initiatives, plans and projects to reality
- change management
- process and system management
- evidence of effective mentoring and coaching of emergent leaders
- can thrive in the culture, climate and environment of the tropics!
Please contact Libbi Turner (Interim Education Director) by emailing an Expression of Interest which addresses the essential skills and experience, and CV (or for further information): email@example.com or phone (07)4093 880