Head of School Position
Cairns Hinterland Steiner School seeks to appoint an experienced Head of School to lead and grow our beautiful school. CHSS is a K-8 Steiner school in its 21st year, nestled amongst rainforest in Kuranda with a vibrant community and dedicated staff who remain true to the spirit and intention of the educational impulses and insights offered by Rudolf Steiner. The school creates a place where goodness, beauty and truth permeate the pedagogical, physical and social fabrics.
CHSS is seeking an experienced leader to support the ongoing transformation of the School to realise it’s vision, mentor and support the next generation of leaders, and establish a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
The Head of School is responsible to the School’s Board of Directors for the day to day running of the School. They will work with the Senior Leadership Team and College of Teachers to manage the content, quality and delivery of the educational program, and be supported by the business and administrative functions. The Head of School will be guided by the objects as set out in the CHSS Constitution and current Strategic Plan. The position is a full-time position with yearly tracking against Key Performance Indicators and with remuneration reflecting the experience of the successful applicant.
Qualities the School are looking for:
- Commitment to uphold the principles and ethos of Steiner Education
- Strong focus on students at the heart of all we do
- Must be a collaborative leader
- High levels of organisational and staff management skills with the ability to build capacity in people and structures
- Strategic thinker
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in conflict resolution and restorative practices
- Experience in leading transformative change in an independent school
- Willingness to engage with parent community and other stakeholders and industry bodies
- Suitable qualifications including QCT registration
Applications close Friday 6 October. For an information package, please contact Sharonika Camplin, Board Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org