Handwork Teacher 2023
Part-Time, Fixed-Term contract of one year.
(0.36 FTE teaching plus preparation time)
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably experienced Handwork Teacher to join the Mount Barker Waldorf School, beginning February 6.
The Mount Barker Waldorf School is a dynamic and established coeducational, independent Waldorf school serving over 350 students from Early Childhood through Year 12. The school is located in the Adelaide Hills on a picturesque 20 acres. We offer a full Waldorf Curriculum with extensive purpose-built facilities and a community of experienced and passionate teachers.
The successful applicant will be a committed and imaginative teacher with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in close collaboration with classroom teachers.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Initiative, creativity and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability as an accomplished craftsperson
- Understanding of the Steiner craft curriculum
- Commitment to self-development and professional development in Steiner Education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with students, colleagues and parents
- Capacity to lead groups of students in learning activities
- Collegiality and ability to work flexibly in a team
- Willingness to participate in Faculty meetings and study
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, and three references to the Principal, Liam Waterford at firstname.lastname@example.org. All positions require a current WWCC and RRHAN-EC certificate, to be a registered teacher in SA, as well as the right to work in Australia. We do not sponsor foreign applicants.
Applications are due by Friday 27 January for a start date of 6 February 2023.
For preliminary confidential enquiries or conversations about this position, please contact Liam Waterford, Principal at the school on (08) 8391 0411.
This position is a 1-year fixed term contract, with the opportunity for the right candidate for ongoing employment.
It is a 0.36 FTE position with extra time allocated for preparation. Remuneration is based on the current Mount Barker Waldorf School Enterprise Agreement.