Hand Craft Teacher
Contract Type: Permanent/Ongoing Position Part Time (0.60 FTE)
Applications Close: Wednesday 30th November 2022
Kamaroi Rudolf Steiner School is a unique primary school located in a beautiful bushland setting in Belrose, Sydney. We deliver a caring and holistic education for children based on the philosophies of renowned educator Dr. Rudolf Steiner, and the NSW Education Standards curriculum.
A small school of some 160 children experience the unique foundation for life program provided from classroom and specialist teachers through core learning values of imagination, connection and initiative.
We are seeking a dedicated and committed handcraft teacher for specialist lessons in Classes one to six who can work in a positive and inspiring way,
The role will be responsible for:
- Delivery of a 1hr and 20-minute block weekly for all classes bringing Steiner core indications for handcraft. As well as seasonal activities and special projects to integrate the main lesson content.
- Managing an assistant
- Managing all preparation
- Managing the ordering of materials
- Programming and fulfilling Science and Technology and Visual Arts NESA learning outcomes
- Evaluation of programmes
- Maintain continuous assessment records
- Report writing mid and end of year
- Scaffolding of programs and adjustments for programs to be accessible for all children’s needs
- Attending weekly faculty meetings
- Welcoming and guiding parent volunteers
- Organising displays as needed
- Being able to articulate to prospective and new parents the value of the handcraft curriculum
The suitable candidate will:
- Have or be eligible for NSW accreditation for teaching as provisional or higher level
- Have a Steiner training in education, arts and/or therapies or equivalent experience
- Have robust handcraft skills in knitting (two and five needles), crocheting, stitching, felting, dying, long stitch, cross stitching, felt animals, clay building and dollmaking
- Have an understanding of the handwork curriculum
- Be capable of delivering the curriculum through stories, imaginative pictures, action verses, and artistic exercises
- Have high-level skills in classroom and behaviour management that are pedagogically aligned with principles of Steiner Education.
- Be willing to be mentored and attend regular mentoring meetings
- Be open and willing to work collaboratively with supporting Class Teachers
- Be able to contribute with initiative, warmth and willingness to be part of a vibrant faculty
- Have developed capacities for maintaining a professional relationship to healthy school culture
- Have faculties, skills and adept ability to communicate and manage high relationships with colleagues, students and their parents.
- Have strong will, resilience, determination and love for the role!
- Have a dedication to their own inner development
Ideally, the position requires:
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience working in Steiner Schools
- An Anthroposophical understanding of child development
- A general interest, understanding and commitment to embedding Anthroposophical principles in their teaching practice
Appointment for commencement at the beginning of Term 1, 2023. Convenient location with on-site parking available.
Applications with a CV and one page cover letter addressing the criteria will be accepted until Wednesday 30th of November 2023. Please address to the Principal at email@example.com
If you have the required skills and experience and are passionate about life and learning we would like to hear from you.