Orana Steiner School
Full-time, fixed term (available now until January 2024) with possible extension
$63,569 per annum + 11% superannuation
Orana Steiner School is currently seeking a motivated individual for a temporary opportunity (with the potential for longer term employment for the right person, subject to operational requirements). The role is to support Orana’s hardworking Site Team with building, gardening and facilities maintenance and janitorial duties to keep our school running and looking its best.
The Groundsperson works as a member of a small team reporting to the Site Manager. The primary focus of the Site Team is to ensure that the school grounds and buildings are maintained in pristine condition according to the highest standards of safety. The grounds are to be maintained in a clean and tidy manner so that they provide a good impression to all visitors to the school, parents, students and staff. The Groundsperson will undertake a range of duties as needed concerned with the school premises and ancillary duties to support the operation of the school.
- Maintain the appearance of landscape areas, garden beds, lawns, edges and sports fields using equipment such as ride-on lawn mowers and whipper snippers.
- Maintain paths and walkways
- Maintain outdoor playground equipment and outdoor furniture
- Carry out routine and annual playground safety checks
- Support compost and recycling programs
- Monitor and remove litter from school grounds, areas outside classrooms, Hickey roadside and school boundaries.
- Respond to snake sightings
- Assist with provision of wildlife equipment and resources (e.g. nesting boxes and traps) where necessary
- Assist with pest control
- Assist in maintaining all school equipment to a high standard
- Assist with preparation and planning for community events such as working bees and school fairs
- Other tasks as directed by the Site Manager.
The Groundsperson will be expected to:
- uphold safe work practices in accordance with all Work Health Safety policies and procedures and participate in Work Health and Safety training as required
- use equipment safely and according to manufacturer’s instructions
- maintain appropriate relationships with students
- Previous experience in maintenance and janitorial tasks is desirable but not essential
- Essential requirements are the ability to take direction, a good work ethic, ability to work independently and as a member of a team and a positive attitude.
- Qualifications are not essential but will be considered favourably.
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WwVP) Registration or eligibility to obtain
- National Police Record Check or eligibility to obtain
- The right to work in Australia, unrestricted
- First Aid Certificate desirable but not essential
Please submit a cover letter and up to date resume telling us why you believe you can do the job. Please apply via Seek.
The position will be filled when a suitable applicant is found.
Salary and Conditions
The Groundsperson is classified as a Level 4 Building and Maintenance Employee / Grounds and Horticultural Employee. Salary and conditions of employment are determined by the Independent Schools NSW Teachers (Hybrid Model) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2021.