Full Time Middle School Teacher and Coordinator
Commencing term 4, 2020
School: Birali Steiner School, Beachmere, Qld.
Applications Close: Monday, September 21, 2020
An Excellent opportunity exists at Birali Steiner School for an experienced and enthusiastic Middle School Coordinator/Teacher to be a part of a growing school, located in Beachmere between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast.
Birali Steiner School is a developing, innovative and vibrant Steiner School, in Beachmere just north of Brisbane on Moreton Bay. It presently operates with a Principal, Business Manager, Teachers, Teacher Aides, Specialist Support Teachers, Individual Enrichment Team including Extra Lesson, Literacy & Numeracy & Wellbeing, Administration Officers and Maintenance Staff with approximately 80 students. The school is accredited P-10 and currently offers Pre-prep/Prep, Classes 1, 2/3, 4/5, and 6/7/8.
Birali Steiner School has a strong collaborative approach where all staff work together for the benefit of the students and the school as a whole. Further information about Birali Steiner School can be found in the Parent Handbook published on our website – www.biralisteiner.qld.edu.au/parent-information.
Flexibility and experience with composite classes would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will meet the following Essential Criteria:
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCOT)
- An understanding of the principles of Rudolf Steiner education and a love for children, an enthusiasm for teaching and realistic expectations of children, self, peers and parents and a willingness to deepen this understanding through ongoing professional learning
- Middle School Teaching experience, preferably in a Steiner School
- Planning and coordinating Middle School Curriculum and resourcing
- A willingness to work closely with each child’s parents/guardians
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
Applications should include:
- A letter of introduction, briefly addressing the above criteria
- Current CV with two referees (including current/most recent employer)
- Any relevant supporting documentation
Birali Steiner School employs under the conditions in the MA000077: Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010. Birali Steiner School pays above award rates.
Applications and queries can be emailed to email@example.com