- Commencing Term 1, 2023
- Part-time – over 2 days / week
- Teaching, Classes 1-3
The role of the French teacher in the primary years is to bring French alive for the students, introducing them to the key elements of the language in an immersive experience through which they can feel the music of the language and its expressive qualities.
The focus will be on oral language including but not limited to, greetings, songs, poems, games, role plays and acting out stories. Writing is introduced through known poems or words (Order: speaking; writing; reading), with grammar beginning in class 4.
The ideal applicant will have excellent French language and a wish to bring French culture into the school via School Assemblies, festivals and other cultural events.
- enthusiasm for the language,
- warmth for the children,
- collaborative working with colleagues to bring French alive within and outside of the lessons
- French (speaking) native would be ideal as they automatically carry the soul forces of the language.
- Someone with energy and enjoyment in games.
- VIT Registration
- Experience and qualifications in teaching LOTE – French
- Ideally, the successful applicant will have an understanding of Steiner pedagogy and philosophy along with a commitment to performance development and professionalism in their work.
Sophia Mundi is a progressive, co-educational inner-city, Steiner school located in the Abbotsford Convent, Melbourne. In P-10 we offer the ACARA approved Steiner National Curriculum and in Years 11-12 the IBDP. We were the first Steiner school in Australia and one of the first globally to become a world IB school and offer their diploma as our senior school qualification
Sophia Mundi is committed to the care, safety and protection of all children attending the school. Our School is a place where children are nurtured and supported so that they can develop their latent capacities and grow into well-rounded human beings.
Please email your application to the Acting Principal, email@example.com with a letter of introduction and relevant documentation (CV including qualifications, experience, registration, referees)
Please note the adverted closing date is indicative only and we reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Applications close Monday, 12 December 2022