- Primary Classes – Prep to Class 5
- Part-time – over 3 days / week
- Flexible start date – 2023 or Term 4, 2022
The role of the French teacher in Prep and primary years is to bring French alive for the students, introducing them to the key elements of the language in an immersive experience through which they can feel the music of the language and its expressive qualities.
The focus will be on oral language including but not limited to, greetings, songs, poems, games, role plays and acting out stories. Writing is introduced through known poems or words (Order: speaking; writing; reading), with grammar beginning in class 4.
The ideal applicant will have excellent French language and a wish to bring French culture into the school via School Assemblies, festivals and other cultural events.
- enthusiasm for the language,
- warmth for the children,
- collaborative working with colleagues to bring French alive within and outside of the lessons
- French (speaking) native would be ideal as they automatically carry the soul forces of the language.
- Someone with energy and enjoyment in games.
- VIT Registration
- Experience and qualifications in teaching LOTE – French
- Ideally, the successful applicant will have an understanding of Steiner pedagogy and philosophy along with a commitment to performance development and professionalism in their work.
The commencement date is flexible depending on availability of the preferred applicant.
Sophia Mundi is a progressive, co-educational inner-city, Steiner school located in the Abbotsford Convent, Melbourne. In P-10 we offer the ACARA approved Steiner National Curriculum and in Years 11-12 the IBDP. We were the first Steiner school in Australia and one of the first globally to become a world IB school and offer their diploma as our senior school qualification
Sophia Mundi is committed to the care, safety and protection of all children attending the school. Our School is a place where children are nurtured and supported so that they can develop their latent capacities and grow into well-rounded human beings.
Please email your application to the Acting Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of introduction and relevant documentation (CV including qualifications, experience, registration, referees)
Applications close Friday, 30 September 2022