Exceptional Class 3/4 Teacher – 2023 – immediate start
We seek a warm, experienced, and committed teacher who embraces the philosophy of Steiner Education and is excited to join and strengthen a developing school in Agnes Water.
Open since January 2017, Goora Gan Steiner School is located by a surf beach, four hours north of Noosa on the Queensland coast. There are 60 students enrolled across P-Class 6, and the school is in the process preparing to build its permanent site ready for occupancy in 2024. The following multi-age classes now exist: Prep, Class 1/2, Class 3/4 and Class 5/6.
As the school strives to develop its long-term class and staffing model, there is a focus on quality teaching, as well as a strong understanding of – and flexibility to work creatively with – the Steiner curriculum, to meet the needs of multi-age classes, and the children of the community.
- Love of children and a passion for teaching and learning
- Excellent, demonstrated communication skills
- A sound understanding and demonstrated application of child centred pedagogy and experience with upper primary years in Steiner education
- Proven Curriculum programming, assessment, reporting and documentation skills
- Understanding of being a professional within a small community
The successful applicant will meet the following Essential Criteria:
- Full registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to commencement (QCOT)
- Minimum of five years full-time teaching experience
- Experience in, or willingness to learn Steiner pedagogy
Applications should include:
- An expression of interest
- An application which addresses the qualities listed above
- Demonstrated proof as regards essential criteria
- Current CV with two referees (including current/most recent employer)
Questions are welcome and should be referred to Melissa Thomson (School Facilitator) on Ph 0412 518 285. First round applications close 5pm Wednesday 25th January, second round closes Sunday 29th January. Applications should be submitted electronically to Melissa@gooragansteiner.qld.edu.au