Little Yarra is a Kindergarten to Class 12 Steiner School in Yarra Junction in the Yarra Valley. The school is seeking an experienced teacher with exemplary skills to teach Eurythmy across the school.
The Specialist Teacher is expected to be highly knowledgeable in their area of expertise as well as maintain a keen and active interest therein. The subject is brought to the students in a manner that they may delve into its field with sparked enthusiasm. Students can then appropriately challenge, question and explore the area towards a deeper appreciation, understanding and mastery.
A Specialist Teacher’s responsibility is to bring in an artistic way, the curriculum as outlined by the School. In doing this, a Specialist Teacher is expected to work in cooperation with their fellow teachers and the school’s policies and procedures.
Key Selection Criteria:
- An Anthroposophical understanding of child development and commitment to deepening an understanding and practice of Anthroposophy
- Thorough understanding and experience of the Steiner curriculum
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills and rapport with children
- Proven ability to differentiate instruction utilising a variety of strategies
- Ability to create and maintain a sound learning environment in the classroom
- Ability to form and maintain positive and professional relationships
- Qualifications in Eurythmy from an accredited Anthroposophical institution
- VIT registration
Desirable skills, knowledge and traits
- Teacher training in Steiner Education
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic personality
- Previous experience working in a Steiner School
- Current First Aid Certificate
This position is ongoing, subject to a 6 month probation period and 0.65 EFT, depending on skills and experience. Remuneration is in accordance with the appropriate category in the scale of the Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010 plus a loading generally being applied at the School.
Applicants must address Key Selection Criteria and desirable skills, knowledge and traits in their application and submit it with a copy of their resume including contact details of three referees (including at least two teachers who have acted in a supervisory capacity) to:
Little Yarra Steiner School
PO Box 19, Yarra Junction 3797
Applications close Monday 22nd July 2019