Dandenong Ranges Steiner School is seeking applications for the new position of Education Facilitator. The Education Facilitator is a member of and works with the College of Teachers and the Management Team. This role is accountable to the Board of Governors. We provide Playgroup to Class 6 for approximately 240 children at our two campuses in the foothills of the beautiful Dandenong Ranges, on the outskirts of Melbourne.
Our school is 21 years old and poised to take the next step in our development. We are seeking an applicant with rich Steiner education experience, to collaboratively lead the expansion of our education in the areas of engagement with nature, cultural diversity and learning diversity.
Our ideal applicant will be a warm and resilient person with a deep Anthroposophical understanding and proven experience in leading, working within and/or accompanying a school through this kind of transition.
They will have the experience and ability to create calm and stability whilst being proactive in weaving responses to changing needs and demands from the external educational environment, as well as the aspirations and learning areas of school members. This person will have a balanced mix of analytical and practical skills, emotional and social intelligence, and a deep understanding and practice as a professional educator, including capabilities in adult learning approaches and mature interpersonal skills.
Our recently completed strategic plan outlines our future directions. The Education Facilitator will play a key role in enacting our dynamic future with the plan’s direction as a guide.
We are seeking an experienced facilitator who will take a leading role in working with the College of Teachers and education staff to provide an engaging student-centred curriculum. They will also be the facilitator of action-research learning in our school.
The successful applicant will facilitate the strengthening of relationships with our committed and diverse parent community, as well as developing relationships with external education professionals.
The Education Facilitator will share our enthusiasm for incorporating our beautiful bushland surrounds into the curriculum and our desire to learn from our local Wurundjeri indigenous elders, and their culture and reality, and take a strong role in achieving this.
The Education Facilitator will also take a leading role in the implementation and development of educational policy; education staff recruitment, retention, training and development; and will be responsible for meeting our education compliance requirements.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience, with demonstrable insight and application, in educational leadership and a passion for Steiner education
- High-level interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Experience in education administration and demonstrated ability to meet compliance requirements and deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to work collegially and autonomously
- A commitment and competence to further the evolution of Anthroposophy as applied to education, environment and community in the school
- An ability to develop user friendly, clear and effective feedback loops to support teacher, staff and student development in attaining outcomes in their roles.
Necessary or highly desirable qualifications:
- Qualifications in Educational Leadership or demonstrable equivalents
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Primary Education
- Victorian Teacher Registration
- Steiner education qualification
- Adult learning qualifications
The successful applicant would start in Term 1 if possible, or by the start of Term 2, 2021.
The position description contains more information about this role and should be read in conjunction with the school’s strategic plan 2021-25. Please click on the links below to see these documents.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to speak with a member of our Management Team or Board Chair regarding the position.
Applications close Friday, January 15 at 5pm, with interviews to be held the following week.