Lorien Novalis Steiner School (K-12) is situated in the Hills District of Sydney, about 45 minutes to the northwest of the city, nestled in lush bushlands and landscaped gardens. The school has been offering a rich and creative Steiner curriculum for over 50 years and has built a strong reputation for the diverse and engaging education that it provides.
The Education ADMINISTRATION OFFICER provides advice and support in the maintenance of school administration and compliance procedures. The Officer develops and maintains structures and systems for risk management and compliance programs in a Primary School and High School as well as providing administrative support to the Principal and Business Manager.
This position is initially for three days per week, with the potential for flexible working conditions. We are looking for an experienced and professional person who can work collaboratively with
Central to this role is the oversight of compliant systems across the Primary School and High School operations. The person in the role works closely with senior management but also with teachers and specialist staff. The role requires excellent organisation skills, attention to detail, the ability to understand and review policy and procedures that apply to schools, and strong IT skills to prepare documentation in varying formats as well as use of data management systems. Knowledge of Steiner Education and its implementation at Lorien Novalis School would be an advantage.
- Administers the Staff Learning program to ensure staff compliance and Mandatory PD training as per NESA requirements
- Conducts reviews of administrative areas as required and according to NESA’s timeline for audits each year.
- Assists in the Preparation for School Registration and assists the Head of School and Finance Manager in the development and review of Policies and Procedures.
- Administers the Camps, Excursions, Festivals and Risk Assessment process in consultation with the Class Trip Co-ordinator and Head of School
- Support the implementation of the School’s Strategic Plan
- Support the clear facilitation of communication with parents, teachers and other staff regarding educational programs, cultural programs and other school events
- Support and liaise with class teachers and class guardians regarding parent/care class meetings and community behaviour management
- Ensure the currency of School Handbooks
- Oversee all student data entry on Schools Online
- Support the Education Co-ordinator Stage 6 Exams (Trial Preliminary and HSC) including the ordering of trial exam papers
- Is self-directed in the application of knowledge around school compliance.
- Demonstrates ability to use own judgement at a high level to ensure the correct handling of any given situation, with a strong ability to work independently with high level discretion and as a strong team contributor.
- Keeps up to date with current compliance management and professional practices that apply to a Primary School and High School.
- Has an understanding of the NESA standards and requirements that pertain to compliance.
- Participates in school review and improvement planning as required.
- Supports high quality systems and processes necessary for efficient management of the school.
- Facilitates the promotion of a strong Risk Management culture of risk.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs – Office 365, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Highly organised and deadline focused.
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Enjoy people, and children in particular
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Salaries are determined by the school via The Independent School’s MEA.
- Meeting the qualification and experience requirements
- Commitment to the ethos and values of the school
- Commitment to on-going learning and personal development
Closing date for Applicants: December 5th 2022
Please contact us if you have any further queries, and applications would be best emailed in one PDF that includes your resume, three referees.
Expressions of interest can be addressed to: Dr Konrad Korobacz (Principal) firstname.lastname@example.org