Early Childhood Teacher (Maternity Leave 1 year position)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Early Childhood Teacher to join our team of dedicated staff three days a week (Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 8-4pm).
St Kilda Steiner Kindergarten is a long-established Community Kindergarten which has been delivering an authentic Steiner Early Childhood Educational Program to children 3-5 years old, for over 20 years.
We are a sessional Kindergarten which runs in line with the Victorian school term dates. A teacher and two educators work together in caring for a group of 22 mixed-age (3 – 5yo) children. The teacher and the educators, as part of their daily activities prepare and deliver the organic food curriculum and take care of the room and the garden. Ideal applicants would be expected to show proficiency in working within the principles of Steiner/Waldorf Early Years Education.
The position is part-time, 30 hours per week comprising of 3 days per week with additional paid planning and admin time.
- To develop and provide a high quality, developmentally appropriate educational program, based on the principles of Rudolf Steiner early childhood education.
- To work in collaboration with the team of staff and in consultation with the committee of management (employer) and the parents of children attending this service.
- A calm, courteous manner and ability to communicate appropriately with children, parents and colleagues.
- Maintain the rhythm of the day including preparation of meals, activities, morning circle, story, free play, caring for the room and outdoor space.
- To plan and direct daily preparation of the room, materials and activities.
- Organise and attend staff meetings, festivals and a have a commitment to ongoing self and professional development.
- Our teacher will operate in a professional manner at all times and ensure that the service fulfils legislative requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
∙ Be responsible to the committee of management (employer) for the development and delivery of the educational program.
∙ Undertake all responsibilities and activities associated with being a Nominated Supervisor, and act within the requirements of that position, the National Law and Regulations.
∙ Act in accordance with the authority delegated by the committee of management (employer) in dealing with situations of an urgent nature requiring immediate action, ensuring compliance with the Act and the Regulations.
∙ Operate within the requirements of the service’s policies and procedures, as well as funding and regulatory requirements.
∙ Operate within the limits of the service budget allocation and financial policies and procedures of the service.
∙ Be actively involved in the development and implementation of the Quality Improvement Plan of the service.
∙ Work in accordance with the standards outlined in the Early Childhood Australia (ECA) Code of Ethics, the Victorian Institute (VIT) and St Kilda Steiner Kindergarten’s Code of Conduct and Child Safety.
∙ Other duties as directed by the committee of management (employer) from time-to-time.
- Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- Current Child Protection and First Aid Qualifications
- Experience working in a Steiner Early Childhood Setting preferred
As per the Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educator Agreement 2020 (VECTEA).
CONTRACT LENGTH: Maternity leave position (1 year).
Please email cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
Closing day for applications: October 31st 20201.