Early Childhood Teacher/ Preschool Room Leader
Glenaeon Rudolf Steiner School
Full-time or part-time positions available
Applications Close: Friday 23 February 2024
Glenaeon Rudolf Steiner Preschool
Here there is time …
to play, laugh, sing, dance and climb.
Glenaeon Preschool is a registered Long Day Care and Preschool and is open 8:30am – 4:30pm. We have a permanent part-time or full-time Early Childhood Teacher position covering 3-5 days at our Preschool in Willoughby.
Responsibilities will include:
- Fulfilling the role of the Early childhood Teacher/Room Leader for up to 20 children
- Guidance/ support and general supervision of staff and volunteers within the centre
- Development of the children’s program in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework and Steiner Early Childhood Pedagogy of our Centre Philosophy.
- Ensuring the health and wellbeing of each child
- Administering first aid as required
- Maintaining relevant documentation and reporting
- Providing an environment that encourages imaginative and creative expression to facilitate physical and social skills development
To be considered for this role, in addition to NSW Early Childhood Teacher Accreditation, you will require or have a willingness to attend training in Steiner Education and experience working in a Steiner Preschool or School. Sound knowledge of the requirements under the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework including completing documentary evidence in order to meet compliance and Assessment and Rating obligations, is essential for your success. A Working With Children Clearance must also be provided prior to commencement.
As the first Steiner School in Australia, Glenaeon has a fine heritage of pioneering work in innovative education dating back to our origins in 1957. We now educate up to 500 students from Preschool to Year 12 across three campuses at Castlecrag, Middle Cove and Willoughby on Sydney’s Lower North Shore. We seek and value staff who actively support Glenaeon’s ethos, fostering a creative approach to teaching and learning and compassionate care for the wellbeing of our students.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com by Friday, 23 February 2024.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Peggy Day, Director Glenaeon Preschool via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenaeon is proudly a child-safe organisation.