Early Childhood Teacher
Orana Steiner School (Orana) is an independent, co-educational and non-denominational school set in 13 hectares of unique, natural landscape in Weston, ACT, Australia. It was founded in 1981 and currently has around 650 students from three year olds to those in Year 12.
Orana is seeking an Early Childhood Teacher to take up the responsibility for the educational and pastoral care for a mixed age class of pre-preschool, pre-school and kindergarten pupils.
The role of the Early Childhood Teacher is to provide an age appropriate learning environment for children aged between three and six years old, based on Rudolf Steiner’s indications. The curriculum aims to establish rhythm, support child-initiated creative play and to develop life skills and social skills. The teacher also has an important role in supporting the child’s transition into Class One.
This is initially a 12 months full-time contracted position with the prospect of an extended appointment. The position is expected to commence in January 2018.
- Degree in Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Hold or be eligible for TQI registration.
- Hold or be eligible for Working with Vulnerable People registration
- Hold current First Aid Certificate
- Understand the principles of Steiner education.
- Able to deliver programs based on the principles and practices of Steiner Early Childhood education.
- Committed to further personal development through Anthroposophical study and artistic activity.
- Very high standard of interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work with colleagues and parents.
- Positive attitude towards children and a love of teaching.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting Orana’s ethos.
Express your interest by:
Apply in writing by emailing your resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria. Please ensure your application details your full qualifications, experience and your referees.
Send your application to:
Friday 6 October 2017