Kindergarten TEACHER IN ‘LITTLE KINDY’ PREP CLASS
Commencing in 2021 (negotiable)
0.6 FTE (Monday to Wednesday).
Lorien Novalis School is situated in the Hills District of Sydney, about 45 minutes to the northwest of the city, nestled in lush bushlands and landscaped gardens. The school has been offering a rich and creative Steiner curriculum for 50 years and built a strong reputation for the diverse and engaging education that it provides.
Our ‘Little Kindy’ Prep class offers a three-day week program, Monday to Wednesday, for children who are four, turning five. This preparation class guides the children to progress to full-time school in Kindergarten in the following year.
‘Little Kindy’ Prep provides fundamental elements of the Kindergarten curriculum, appropriate for this younger age group. The children gain experiences and develop skills to meet their developmental stages, through content-rich learning experiences where they partake in creative and inventive play through engagement in a holistic and natural environment.
Lorien Novalis is seeking a qualified teacher to co-teach and independently teach alongside the lead Little Kindy teacher. The person filling this role would be relief teacher for Big Kindy on occasions.
We would be seeking qualities such as:
Essential requirements include:
- An enthusiastic, caring and appropriate rapport with children.
- A respectful openness to learning the ethos and culture of Lorien Novalis and Steiner Education.
- A willingness to work cooperatively and professionally with staff and management.
- Knowledge and experience, or willingness to undertaking professional learning, in Steiner Education specifically in Early Childhood.
- Attend afterschool professional development including teacher meetings, artistic lessons and other study sessions.
- Take responsibility for undertaking self-study about Steiner Education and Anthroposophy and demonstrate a growing understanding of Steiner’s indications on human development.
- Have qualifications to be registered as a teacher with NESA – NSW Educational Standards Authority. (Conditional or Provisional Accreditation accepted)
- Hold a current NSW WWCC.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Please email applications in a single PDF attachment to:
Your application should include:
- A covering letter outlining details relevant to this role.
- Information about knowledge and/or experience in Steiner Education
- Current CV
- Two professional references.
For initial and confidential enquiries about the position please call Konrad Korobacz on
(02) 9658 0700.
Applications close by Friday 18th June, 2021
Earlier applications will be considered upon receipt.