Early Childhood Coordinator
Commencing January 2022
“At Perth Waldorf School we are committed to promoting the safety, health and wellbeing of children and young people and expect all school staff, parents, students, volunteers and visitors to the school to share that commitment”
PWS is seeking an Early Childhood Coordinator to work with the Early Childhood Faculty to create a nurturing environment where the principle of beauty and the importance of imitation imbue all that touches the young child’s life. They promote and deepen the understanding of the Waldorf Kindergarten within the school community.
The Early Childhood Coordinator works in collaboration with the Early Childhood Faculty to coordinate the administrative work and implement faculty agreements. This is an exciting leadership role that provides the opportunity to develop a range of skills in overseeing a vibrant and well-resourced Early Childhood programme. The Early Childhood Coordinator is responsible to the School Administrator and takes guidance from the College of Teachers.
- The position requires someone with a mix of anthroposophical knowledge and applied Steiner experience, the ability to contribute in a meaningful and collegial manner on the College of Teachers, and the management skills required to manage a faculty of roughly sixteen.
- Ethos and culture building, includes coordinating calendar events, camps & excursions and timetabling
- Recruitment of staff, including relief staff, supervising and coordinating relief staff as needed, as well as managing professional development
- Supporting, mentoring and caring for the wellbeing of staff, an ability to work with teaching staff and parents is vital
- Overseeing implementation and evaluation of teaching, learning and the curriculum
- Overseeing the collection of data for accountability on standards
- Holding and managing budgets efficiently and efeectively
- Previous experience in a leadership role would be advantageous
The school is located in a beautiful bush land setting near Bibra Lake in the southern suburbs of Perth (approx. 20 minutes from the CBD and 15 minutes from Fremantle). We provide a Steiner education from Playgroup to Class 12. The work environment is positive and enriching.
A job description is available on the school website: www.pws.wa.edu.au
Applicants must be teachers who are registered (or eligible for registration) with the Teachers Registration Board of WA and hold a Working with Children Check.
Must have Australian residency or possession of a valid visa with work entitlement in Australia
For preliminary confidential enquiries or conversations about this position, please call Bruce Lee (School Administrator) at the school on (08) 9417 3638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Written applications, including a cover letter, CV and three referees, should be marked ‘Private & Confidential’ and forwarded to:
Administrator, Perth Waldorf School, PO Box 1247, BIBRA LAKE WA 6965
Applications close 20th September, 2021