COMPLIANCE and ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Contract Type: Permanent/Ongoing Position Part Time (0.40 FTE)
Applications Close: Friday 2nd December 2022
Kamaroi Rudolf Steiner School is a unique primary school located in a beautiful bushland setting in Belrose, Sydney. We deliver a caring and holistic education for children based on the philosophies of renowned educator Dr. Rudolf Steiner, and the NSW Education Standards curriculum.
A small school of some 160 children experience the unique foundation for life program provided from classroom and specialist teachers through core learning values of imagination, connection and initiative.
The COMPLIANCE and ADMINISTRATION OFFICER provides advice and support in the maintenance of school administration and compliance procedures. The Officer develops and maintains structures and systems for risk management and compliance programs in a Primary School as well as providing administrative support to the Principal and Business Manager.
This position is initially for two days per week, or the equivalent over 3 days, with the potential for flexible working conditions. We are looking for an experienced and professional person who will work well in our small passionate team.
Central to this role is the oversight of compliant systems across the Primary school operations. The person in the role works closely with senior management but also with teachers and specialist staff. The role requires excellent organisation skills, attention to detail, the ability to understand and review policy and procedures that apply to schools, and strong IT skills to prepare documentation in varying formats as well as use of data management systems.
- Administers the School Archiving database
- Administers the Policy database
- Assists in developing policy and procedures relating to school needs and identifying future trends.
- Administers the Staff Learning System to ensure staff compliance and Mandatory PD training as per NESA requirements
- Conducts reviews of administrative areas as required and according to NESA’s timeline for audits each year.
- Assists in the Preparation for School Registration and assists the Principal and Business Manager in the development and review of Policies and Procedures.
- Administers the Camps, Excursions, Festivals and Risk Assessment process in consultation with the Business Manager and Principal
- Maintains WWCC Register and other Compliance registers as applicable as per NESA Requirements
- Is self-directed in the application of knowledge around school compliance.
- Demonstrates ability to use own judgement at a high level to ensure the correct handling of any given situation, with a strong ability to work independently with high level discretion and as a strong team contributor.
- Keeps up to date with current compliance management and professional practices that apply to a Primary School.
- Has an understanding of the NESA standards and requirements that pertain to compliance.
- Participates in school review and improvement planning as required.
- Supports high quality systems and processes necessary for efficient management of the school.
- Facilitates the promotion of a strong Risk Management culture of risk.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs – Office 365, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Highly organised and deadline focused.
A competitive salary is offered with an immediate start available. Convenient location with on-site parking available.
If you have the required skills and experience and are passionate about life and learning we would like to hear from you.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by Friday 2nd December 2022.