Class Teachers (1 Full-Time & 1 Part-Time) for a new school in Far North Queensland
A rare opportunity. Newly approved school ready to open in 2021 in FNQ.
Applications are now welcome!
Tropical North Steiner school is seeking someone with strong leadership experience and business management skills to take our new ‘up and coming’ Steiner school into its next chapter.
‘Site ready’ including:
- play equipment
- ACCREDITATION APPROVED for Prep to Class Three, and to grow naturally each year to Class Six.
Tropical North Steiner School (TNSS) is ready to open its doors next year! Nestled in the heart of Mossman QLD, only 15 minutes to the famous tourist town of Port Douglas and situated between two World Heritage areas, The Great Barrier Reef and The Daintree Rainforest, TNSS is surrounded by swimming holes, waterfalls, beaches and many walking tracks. Mossman’s main industry is cane farming and Port Douglas is tourism. The last two years have been spent creating a site that is equipped with a newly painted and renovated building, new school fencing, gardens, play areas and air-conditioning. Planning applications are also in progress. A Steiner Playgroup has also been running for 18 months with ten children attending.
Much of the hard work has been done in regards to school set up and all ingredients are there to make this school flourish. We need the right person with strong leadership qualities, business management skills, vision and passion who can continue on with this pioneering journey, taking TNSS into the second century of Steiner Education.
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCOT)
- Teaching qualification accepted by the QCOT
- Current First Aide Qualification
- Current Child Protection Training
- Steiner Training highly desirable
- An understanding of the principles of Rudolf Steiner Education and a demonstrated love for children and teaching.
- Applicants are ideally trained in Steiner Education or have significant experience in Steiner Education teaching Classes 1-7.
- Teaching experience, preferably in a Steiner Primary School educational setting and an ability to work well with colleagues, parents and students.
- An ability to work collegially and a willingness to actively participate in and contribute to the cultural and festival life of the school.
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- An intention to commit to the full cycle of the Class Teacher Period 1 – 7.
- An understanding of child development as described by Rudolf Steiner and a commitment to professional learning and inner development through anthroposophical studies and artistic activities.
- An ability to plan, deliver and assess a developmentally appropriate curriculum that integrates the arts: music and singing, painting and drawing, movement, modelling, speech and drama combined with excellent classroom management skills.
- The ability to be flexible and take on responsibility of setting up the vision and pedagogy of the school.
- Be the delegated authority for the school and thus be accountable for registration, child protection and so on, ensuring business runs as smoothly as possible.
Please note that this position will begin as a two-year contract with a 12-month probation period. After this contractual period, the position may become fulltime.
Class sizes will be small, starting with approximately five-ten students. Whilst we intend to begin with Prep (5 – 6 years of age) to Class Three, this cannot be determined until enrolments are confirmed (for example, we may begin with Prep to Class One only).
Once referees have been contacted and an interview via Skype has taken place, the applicant will be required to meet the school Board Director, Julie Verri in person and view the school site prior to employment. If the applicant successful, they will be required to conduct the parent / child interview process in the September school holidays (2020).