Class Teacher – PREP
Castlemaine Steiner School & Kindergarten (CSSK) is seeking an enthusiastic teacher to inspire, lead and guide students in their educational journey.
The School began its journey in 1988 and is located in a beautiful rural setting in Central Victoria approximately 1.5 hours from Melbourne. We provide a Steiner Education from Playgroup to Class 8, where at the completion of Class 8, students can continue their Senior Steiner Education locally in the Steiner Stream at Castlemaine Secondary College.
The Class Teacher position description is available on the school website: https://www.cssk.vic.edu.au/our-school/current-vacancies/
1. Exemplary interpersonal communication skills within a collegial environment.
2. Demonstrated ability to confidently teach out of a love and respect for each child within the class community and in ways that support diverse educational needs.
3. Commitment to deepening an understanding of Steiner Education and to work out of an Anthroposophical understanding of child development.
4. Demonstrated capacity to establish strong classroom rhythms and routines in a Steiner Education Early Childhood setting. Including through;
- Excellent classroom management skills and the creation of appropriate boundaries
Creation of a beautiful classroom and outdoor environment that facilitates engagement in
- imaginative play
Understanding of the development of the six-year-old child
- Experience and ability in oral storytelling
- Ability to create and engage children in Morning Circles that incorporate seasonal, imaginative movement and Indigenous themes.
5. Understanding of how to weave and immerse pre-literacy and numeracy skills using a play-based and integrated approach.
6. Sound range of artistic abilities to support the teaching of a Steiner Education curriculum.
7. Demonstrated ability to form positive and professional relationships with families and to maintain professionalism within a small community.
8. Effective organisational skills in order to manage the workload of a Class Teacher and demands of the teaching profession.
9. Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children according to Child Safe Standards.
10. Applicants must have full Teacher registration with any Australian State or Territory.
How to Apply
Applications must include a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae – containing minimum three education profession referees and a separate document addressing the Essential Criteria. Applications should be marked ‘Private and Confidential’ and forwarded to: email@example.com by the close date of Friday 24th of September at 5pm.
Addressing Essential Criteria
A separate document addressing the Essential Criteria is required for all applications. Each criterion should be addressed with a 100-250 word statement that outlines how your current skills, attributes, knowledge and/or qualifications address the criterion.
* Note – we acknowledge that Criterion Number 4 is very detailed. The subset of statements within this criterion do not necessarily need to be addressed individually, rather in one holistic paragraph.
All candidates will receive confirmation that their application has been received in full. Candidates who do not submit a complete application will not be shortlisted. Applications received after the position close date/time will not be considered.
Our selection process will take place between 5/10/21 and 15/10/21 and will involve:
A panel conversation/interview.
Presentation of and discussion around a simple portfolio of work (details will be provided to short-listed candidates).
Participation in a class exercise under the direction of a Class Teacher.
- Teaching of a prepared mini-lesson under the supervision of a Class Teacher and the Acting Principal /Educational Leader.
Modifications to the format for the selection process may take place with consideration to COVID19 restrictions current at the time.
The commencement date for this position will be negotiated with the preferred candidate.
Enquiries for this position
For preliminary confidential enquiries or conversations about this position, please contact our Acting Principal, Hayley Bridgwood (03) 5479 2000.