Position Title: Class Teacher 2022
Position Description: A permanent full-time teacher is required from the start of the 2022 school year.
Other Information: Our school is situated in a beautiful bush setting on the edge of Garigal National Park in Belrose, Sydney. Kamaroi offers a unique Steiner education for children aged 5 to 12 years (through to Class 6). Our classes include support by classroom assistants and learning support is also provided for children identified for assistance. This can be through in-class, small group support, through Extra Lesson or with withdrawal. Our team of staff, including our assistants, work cooperatively and cohesively to make the learning environment positive and reassuring for our children. It is a beautiful place to work and our community is genuinely supportive and friendly. Importantly, a comprehensive hand-over from our Kindergarten teachers supports the transition for the Class 1 teacher and children.
Preferred applicants will:
- Have good communication skills and be willing to work as part of a team
- Have experience teaching in a Steiner school and be ready for the learning journey with a Class group of children (the Class level is tbc)
- Participate in the life of the school (seasonal celebrations, staff meetings staff training as required by Principal)
- Hold a current first aid, anaphylaxis and asthma certificate
- Have a Working With Children Check Clearance
- Be committed to creating a safe environment for children by promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children
To apply for employment at Kamaroi, please forward the following:
- Cover letter, clearly outlining your interest in the school and your suitability for the Class teaching position
- Current CV or resume detailing your relevant qualifications and experience in Steiner Education;
- Current contact details of referees.
Application Contact Details Name and Email:
Kamaroi Rudolf Steiner School
Belrose NSW 2085
Closing Date for Applications: November 26, 2021 (Interviews may commence as soon as suitable applications are received)
All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check as required under the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012.