West Coast Steiner School is committed to being a Child Safe Organisation, taking a preventative and participatory stance on child protection issues and promoting a child safe environment.
West Coast Steiner School is conveniently located 15 minutes from Perth’s stunning coastline and CBD. We are an independent primary school offering classes from Playgroup to Class 6. Working from the indications of Rudolf Steiner our teachers aim to educate every child in head, heart and hands.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a flourishing school community. We believe in a life of learning and as such offer opportunities for professional development, workshops, events, courses and an established mentor program. We are seeking a dynamic, creative class teacher who has a sound understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum and/or the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework, including strong assessment and reporting skills, proficiency in the formulation and implementation of Individual Education Plans and an understanding of child developmental phases.
The successful applicant will need to support the ethos of our school and be willing to participate on a path of professional development in Steiner Education towards an understanding of Anthroposophy and the Waldorf curriculum.
Commencement Date: January 2019.
The application will consist of the following:
- Covering Letter
- A Curriculum Vitae including:
- Places of employment in order from most recent to least recent.
- Names, contact email addresses and phone numbers of four referees, including the current and most recent employers.
- An outline of qualifications including academic transcripts.
- A Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check must also be included.
Applications, with supporting documentation, should be emailed to email@example.com
- to the attention of Gerard Tonti-Filippini – School Administrator/Principal
The closing date for applications is Friday December 14.
For enquiries about this position please contact Vanessa Beesley, Coordinator of Teaching and Curriculum, on (08) 9440 1771.