Birali Steiner School is a developing, innovative and vibrant Steiner School, in Beachmere just north of Brisbane on Moreton Bay. It presently operates with a Principal, Business Manager, Teachers, Teacher Aides, Specialist Support Teachers, Individual Enrichment Team including Extra Lesson, Literacy & Numeracy & Wellbeing, Administration Officers and Maintenance Staff with approximately 70 students. The school is accredited P-10 and currently offers Pre-prep/Prep, Classes 1/2, 2/3, 4/5, and 6/7/8. In November, 2018 the school moved to its permanent, 26-acre, greenfield site with the vision for a P-12 school.
Birali Steiner School has a strong collaborative approach where all staff work together for the benefit of the students and the school as a whole. Further information about Birali Steiner School can be found in the Parent Handbook published on our website – www.biralisteiner.qld.edu.au/parent-information.
Currently accepting applications for short-term contracts (term by term) to the end of 2020, as well as applications for permanent commitment.
About the role:
All staff employed by the Birali Steiner School are expected to support our Steiner Education philosophy.
The role of Class Teacher will include teaching of subject areas such as Craft, Recorder and Gardening that may be taught by Specialist Teachers at a later developmental stage of the school. Currently, Specialist Teachers take Music, Strings and Japanese Lessons.
Working with the pedagogical vision developed by the School and within the guidelines of the National Curriculum and the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework, the Class Teacher:
- works to creatively plan, implement and monitor a quality education program for all children, grounded solidly in the philosophy and principles of Steiner Education
- works collaboratively with his/her peers across the School, for the benefit of the school as a whole
- works to develop and enhance a consistent curriculum which is delivered with creative freedom, approaching subjects through the realm of art, music, imagination and the oral tradition; and seeking to find fresh connections with his/her subject matter
- strives to understand and work with the ethos of Birali
- willingness to seek assistance/guidance from colleagues
- is accountable for teaching and pastoral care of their students, working with the other teachers and with conscious awareness of the needs of the children and the role of the parents and guardians in their child’s education
- will have a strong commitment to and understanding of duty of care, participate actively in the life of the School Community, and demonstrate commitment to ongoing individual and collaborative professional development
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCOT)
- An understanding of the principles of Rudolf Steiner education and anthroposophy and a love for children, an enthusiasm for teaching and realistic expectations of children, self, peers and parents and a willingness to deepen this understanding through ongoing professional learning
- Minimum 1 year full time classroom teaching experience, preferably in a Steiner School Educational setting
- A willingness to teach the additional subject areas of Craft, Recorder and Gardening
- A willingness to work closely with each child’s parents/guardians
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability with the curriculum, the arts, numeracy, literacy and behaviour management
Applications must address the above selection criteria.
Birali Steiner School employs under the conditions in the MA000077: Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010. Birali Steiner School pays above award rates.
Applications and queries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.