Class One Teacher for 2024
One year contract with a view to continue in the Class Teacher Cycle
Full-time (1.0 FTE)
Willunga Waldorf School is now inviting applications for the position of Class One Teacher, to commence mid-January 2024.
Willunga Waldorf School is a thriving, contemporary, independent K to 12 school nestled in the beautiful Southern Vales of South Australia, close to magnificent coastline and surrounded by vines and almond groves. It is situated on the edge of the rural town ship of Willunga, fifty minutes’ drive from the city of Adelaide. Here you will find an educational community where the potential of each one is supported through the strength of many.
You possess a genuine interest and warmth for facilitating children’s individual learning journeys in a Waldorf classroom setting. You are a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, have a generally positive attitude and outlook, and are able to set boundaries with empathy and respect for students, colleagues and the parent community.
About the Role
The Class Teacher will be the primary guardian and educator for a class of approximately 28-30 children. The Class Teacher will create an inclusive, dynamic and creative environment for all children in the class, including children with additional educational needs.
Key selection criteria:
- Qualifications and commitment to personal and professional development in Steiner Education and Anthroposophy
- Demonstrated commitment to the pursuit of excellence in teaching children
- Outstanding rapport with students
- Demonstrated ability to openly and effectively communicate with parents and guardians
- Collegiality and ability to work flexibly within a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop, document and differentiate curriculum
- Enthusiasm for teaching in a progressive Waldorf school
- Excellent classroom management skills
- A capacity to reflect on, evaluate and improve professional knowledge and practice
- Demonstrated commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities
- Experience working with neurodiverse children and children with additional educational needs
- Awareness of contemporary educational issues
- Artistic/musical/ handcraft skills
For a full position description, please visit our website: https://wws.sa.edu.au/employment/
- Current registration with the Teachers Registration Board of SA
- Bachelor or Masters of Education (Primary School)
- Current “not-prohibited” SA Working with Children Check
- Current RRHAN-EC training certificate
- Current Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting certificate
What We Offer
Willunga Waldorf School offers an exciting, supportive and rewarding environment to work. We love what we do, and this shines through in our relationships with students, parents, colleagues and visitors alike.
Creativity, innovation and contemporary expressions of Steiner principles are encouraged throughout all areas of the School’s life, and the School’s physical environment inspires comfort, joy and connection.
This is a one year, fixed-term temporary contract with the view to continue in the Class Teacher Cycle.
Remuneration is based on the 2022 Willunga Waldorf School Enterprise Agreement.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter that addresses the Key Selection Criteria and provide a professional resume and contact details of three referees who have worked in a supervisory capacity.
Please submit your full application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 25th September 2023.
We encourage you to visit the school website for a copy of the full position description and application process: https://wws.sa.edu.au/employment
For questions and enquiries about this position, please contact Ms Antje Guenther via email@example.com