Class 7 TEACHER: MIDDLE SCHOOL
One full-time position commencing Term 1 2022 for 12 months (possibility of extension)
Applications close: 5pm (AWST) Thursday, 30 September 2021
Helena River Steiner School is a small, city-based co-educational and non-denominational school in Midland, Western Australia, moving to a High School Campus in 2022.
We offer a Steiner education from Kindergarten to Class 8/9 (in 2022), based on the nationally accredited Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework (ASCF), which is grounded in the educational insights of Rudolf Steiner. We aim to create a school where the Core Principles for Australian Steiner Schools permeate its pedagogical, physical and social fabric through the thinking, feeling and willing actions of its employees and community members.
For this position we seek a dynamic and dedicated teacher, able to bring the richness of the Class 7 Steiner curriculum to life in a creative manner in the classroom and in the Midland surrounds, and who will actively support Helena River Steiner School’s aims to foster a developmental, balanced and global approach to teaching and learning.
The ideal requirements and attributes of the role are:
Pedagogy and curriculum
- Be capable of teaching the Class 7 ASCF curriculum to children aged 12 turning 13 integrating the Arts curriculum throughout the learning areas
- Demonstrated sound and effective classroom management skills
- Confidence in working with children of mixed abilities and from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Plan, lead, record and assess all aspects of the Steiner learning program and collaborate effectively with specialist teachers and parents to understand and meet the needs of each child
- Deliver the curriculum with an Anthroposophical approach to each child’s developmental needs and welfare in mind
- Have had training or experience in Steiner upper primary teaching
- Show initiative and creative interpretation of challenges as a teacher and colleague
- Demonstrate a commitment to being a strong moral, ethical and personal role model through the lens of the School’s values—Wonder, Compassion, Creativity, Authenticity and Wellness
- Be flexible and adaptable to change, recognising the class and individual learning and development needs
- If new to Steiner education and Anthroposophy, demonstrate an openness and enthusiasm to learn more about the Steiner approach to education and children’s stages of development
- Be committed to positive, responsive and effective communication with students, parents and colleagues.
- Current Western Australian teacher registration (or be eligible for TRBWA registration)
- Have (or be eligible to have) a current Working With Children Check
- Be committed to ongoing individual and collaborative professional development in Primary Education, including Steiner Education, which will be supported by the School.
- Demonstrate high level written and verbal communication skills.
Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To apply for this position, email your CV and a covering letter that describes your suitability against the above requirements and attributes of the role, or your willingness to develop these, to:
The Principal, Tanami Magnus, at: email@example.com
For enquiries about this position and other Middle School positions, prior to sending your application, contact the High School Education Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org