Class 6 Teacher 2022, Maternity Leave Position, Fixed Term 1 Year
The Little Yarra Steiner School is a K to 12 school in the Yarra Valley. The school is seeking an experienced teacher with exemplary skills to take next year’s Class 6 for 2022 while their Class Teacher is on maternity leave.
The Class Teacher strives to be a figure of moral authority and must be fully committed to the care and appropriate development of the children in the class.
The Class Teacher’s primary responsibility is to present the curriculum as outlined by the school. In doing so, the Class Teacher is expected to work with the school’s ethos, policies and procedures in close cooperation with their colleagues and to develop positive and professional relationships and with parents and staff.
Key Selection Criteria:
- An Anthroposophical understanding of child development and commitment to deepening an understanding and practice of Anthroposophy
- Thorough understanding and experience of the Steiner curriculum
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills and rapport with children
- Proven ability to nurture and maintain positive and professional relationships with parents and colleagues
- Proven ability to differentiate instruction utilising a variety of strategies
- Ability to create and maintain a sound learning environment in the classroom
- Teacher training in Steiner Education
- VIT registration or eligibility to obtain it
This position is full-time and commences in 2022. Remuneration is in accordance with the appropriate category in the scale of the Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2020 and inclusive of any above award payments being generally applied at the school.
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria in their application and submit it with a copy of their resume including contact details of three referees (including at least two who have acted in a supervisory capacity) to:
Little Yarra Steiner School
Applications close Friday 15th October 2021
Little Yarra Steiner School is a child safe school. Our Child Safety policy and code of conduct is available on our website www.lyss.vic.edu.au or in hard copy on request.