CLASS 1 TEACHER, 2023
A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY: CLASS 1 TEACHER IN BELLINGEN SHIRE 2023
We seek a warm, experienced and committed teacher who embraces the philosophy of Steiner Education and is excited to join and strengthen our School as Class 1 Teacher in our Primary School Program at 1.0 FTE.
Chrysalis Steiner School has been established for 40 years and we currently have around 215 students across classes K-9 and expanding in 2023 to Class 10. The School is located on the Bellinger River, approximately 20 minutes drive from the picturesque town of Bellingen. Our setting is on a hillside facing National Parks providing a uniquely beautiful environment for our children.
- A demonstrated love for children and teaching.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of the principles of child development through the lens of Rudolf Steiner’s picture of human development and how these apply to your teaching practice.
- A commitment to professional learning and inner development through anthroposophical studies and artistic activities.
- The ability to work collegially and a willingness to actively participate in and contribute to the cultural and festival life of the school.
The successful applicant will meet the following Essential Criteria:
- The ability to plan and deliver a developmentally appropriate curriculum that integrates the arts: music and singing, painting and drawing, movement, modelling, speech and drama in line with the Australian Steiner School Curriculum documents.
- Experience working with the NESA (New South Wales Education Standards Authority) teaching guidelines.
- Teaching experience: with reference to Steiner Primary School experiences where applicable.
- The capacity to develop their outdoor skills as they carry the class group through the grades. Can plan, organise and deliver the camps program at our school.
Applications should include:
- A general expression of interest
- CV – this includes: Working with Children Check, teaching qualifications, teacher registration, interests, a brief summary of your career outlining relevant positions you have held and major responsibilities.
- Statements, which concisely describe how you consider yourself suitable against each of the selection criteria noted below.
- The names, positions and telephone contact numbers for at least three referees who can comment on your suitability for this position, including one referee at your current school.
Questions regarding this process are welcome and should in the first instance be referred to Lisa O’Donnell on 02 6655 8616. Applications close October 7th and should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org