Class 1 Teacher 2023
Full-time class teacher for Class 1 in 2023.
We are looking for a teacher who can develop strong relationships with children and their families. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in successful teaching of foundational literacy and numeracy skills and in using data to inform their teaching; have a personal teaching philosophy that aligns with the principles of Steiner education; and will relish the opportunity to incorporate the arts into a range of curriculum areas.
Linuwel is a K-12 school and preschool for Steiner education with approximately 300 students, established in 1979. It is situated in a semi-rural setting on Wonnarua country in the Hunter Valley, surrounded by farmland and historic towns and villages, close to Newcastle and an hour from Nelson Bay. Linuwel is committed to supporting reconciliation, inclusivity, restorative practice, and working out of best practice by maintaining the core principles of Steiner education while incorporating current educational research. With a harmonious and dedicated staff, wonderful children, and a supportive school community, Linuwel is a great place to teach.
- Prior experience working in a Steiner / Waldorf school
- Accreditation with NESA and compliance with child protection requirements, including a current WWCC
- Demonstrated successful experience in foundational literacy and numeracy instruction, and the ability to adapt this to our context.
- Demonstrated experience documenting teaching programs in all curriculum areas that meet compliance requirements
- Ability to make adjustments for a wide range of learners
Please forward a cover letter (maximum two pages) addressing the above criteria, your resume, and contact details of two referees to the Principal: email@example.com
Applications close 15th September 2022
ph: (02) 4933 3095